Chapter 60 - Umm Brad

Lucy's POV

I unlock the door and open it pushing Amelie in and close the door, locking it back up once Brad's in. Brad tried paying for the taxi but I refused to let him and eventually won. I take Amelie out of the pram, giving her a cuddle before handing her to Brad so he can hold her for the first time. I lay her in his arms while he's sat on the sofa and smile at the sight of them both. I quickly take a picture of them without Brad realizing.

After about 5 minutes she starts crying because she's tired so I quickly make her another bottle before passing the bottle to Brad, allowing him to feed her. I sit down on the sofa turning the TV on quietly so it doesn't disturb Amelie.

"You're such a good mum" Brad looks at me, before smiling back down at Amelie.

"Thank you" I smile at him. "Even though it's your first time being with her, you're really good with her too, I know you're going to be a great dad." I continue.

"I love you Lucy" he looks at me.

"I love you too Brad" I smile at him before leaning in and kissing him.

"I just need to put her in her cot to sleep, I'll be back in a minute" I carefully take Amelie out of Brad's arms and walk into my bedroom settling her down in her cot. I pull the blanket over her carefully and turn the baby monitor on before walking back to the living room. I sit on the sofa next to Brad.

"Umm Brad" I start but trail off.

"Yeah?" He looks at me.

"I'm really sorry" I say, looking down at my hands.

"What for?" He asks me confused.

"Leaving you, you missed out on the most of the pregnancy and the first 2 and a half months of our babies life.." I sigh, "I'm sorry for messing everything up" He pulls me closer to him and rests his head on mine.

"It's okay, you didn't mess everything up, we're back together now and that's all that matters, lets focus on now, and whats to come" he kisses my forehead.

"And also.." I begin, "Will you please sort things out with Connor, because I caused that problem, he lied for me, it's not his fault, and now Joe's cancelling the rest of this tour because of me" I speak.

"I'll speak to him tomorrow, it's late now." I smile at the fact he's going to do it tomorrow. A yawn escapes my mouth and I try to not let Brad realize but it's too late.

"Are you tired baby?" he asks me.

"No" I lie. I want to spend more time with Brad, even though I'll see him tomorrow.

"You are, come on, go to bed" he sits forward making me sit up.

"But I don't want to" I trail off.

"Why?" He asks confused.

"I - I want to spend more time with you" I admit.

"Lucy, you'll see me tomorrow and you'll probably be up early, come on" he replies. I moan before standing up from the sofa. I turn all the lights off before showing Brad to the bedroom. I get changed into my pyjamas before climbing under the duvet. Brad has no other clothes with him so he climbs in as he is and pulls me closer to him. I've missed this, this is how it should have been for the past year, and how it should stay, me, Brad and Amelie. My family, our family. I feel Brad gently playing with my hair and before I know it I fall asleep.

------------------------------------

I wake up to Amelie crying, I quickly climb out of bed and get her out of the cot bringing her back into the bed cuddling her. I look at the time. 8:26am. I look at Brad who's still asleep and smile. I climb back out of bed and walk into the kitchen making up a bottle for Amelie. Once it's made I walk to the living room, sitting on the sofa feeding her. Half way through I feel someones eyes on me, I turn around and see Brad standing in the door way smiling at me.