Chapter 46 - Stupid move

Lucy's POV

"the prince that doesn't know he's lost." Brad doesn't realise it's his fault that I'm here, he doesn't know he's lost me yet.

"I've got to let it go. Start protecting my heart and soul." I need to let him go, we're clearly not going to work. I can't put myself through the hurt any longer.

"Just Walk Away! Ooh, and don't look back." It's time to walk away and not look back on our times together.

"You know I'm strong, but I can't take that." I can't take seeing him and Lauren all loved up when we're supposedly happy together, even if he is happy with me, it's not really showing, I mean I know he's worried about me now, now that I've left the country without telling him. He cared about me when he was in the same room as me, but when he was with Lauren, I didn't seem to matter.

The song finished before starting another, I soon realised it started playing an old playlist I made since that was the last thing I listened to.

After another 15 minutes of walking, I arrived back at the Hotel. For the rest of the walk, I was thinking about my relationship with Brad and what's happened in the past few months, we were happy as friends and we saw each other nearly everyday, then he asked me to be his girlfriend which I was over the moon about. We were happy for a short time before I got kidnapped by his ex's brother. we sorted out that problem and now it's this. Yeah it's only a couple of problems, but I guess you have to put an end to it somewhere otherwise you're opening yourself up to be hurt even more. I'm pulled from my thoughts when I hear someone talking to me.

"Have you booked a table?" The blonde haired woman asks me.

"Oh, no" I reply awkwardly, not knowing how many times she had asked the question.

"I'll show you to a table if you follow me" she smiles.

"Oh it's ok, I erm, I was looking for someone" I lie. I've now decided against a meal at the restaurant, everyones here in couples or with friends, I'll look a bit odd on my own.

The waitress replies before walking away as my phone starts ringing. I turn round and walk back out the restaurant, heading back up to my room. I answer my phone without checking the caller ID otherwise it would of ended.

"Hello?" I start.

"Lucy?" The familiar voice speaks through the phone.

"Brad?" I reply. Con did say he was going to ring.

"Are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm, I'm fine" I reply. "How are you?" I return the question. I'll go with what Connor suggested and just say I fancied a little Holiday and while Brad was away working I decided it'd be the perfect opportunity.

"We've been so worried about you" he speaks. "I'm ok"

"I'm sorry, I've just been wanting to go on Holiday and decided that with you away working, now was the perfect opportunity." I lie.

"You could have come to London for the weekend, I was hoping you would, I miss you" he speaks. I do feel sorry for not telling them before leaving, but then I remember him and Lauren.

"Sorry" I sigh, "If I get a chance in the week I'll try and come up, when are you leaving?" I ask, I probably won't be going to London, I don't know when I'm leaving here, I'll most likely have to get back home on Monday because of work.

"Thursday" he replies.

"Ok" I speak, "I'm not promising anything, if I don't see you before, I'll see you Thursday or over the weekend, I have less time now I'm working" it's the truth, i work till 4:30 then most days have to pick Grace up at 5:30, theres not enough time to get down to London and back after then.

"It is" he sighs, "Why did you have to get a job?" he laughs.

"To get money Brad" I reply, laughing slightly, I'm now back in my room, sat on my bed. I don't feel hungry anymore, I guess my stomach got past the point of hungry.

"Of course" he laughs.

"I'll let you go, this calls going to cost you a bomb" I start, also the fact I don't know how much longer I can speak before ending up actually saying why I've come here.

"I'll text you, I'll see you soon" he replies.

"See you soon" I finish before we end the call.

I load up the internet on my phone, having a look at the flights back to England over the next few days. There's one that will get me back to London at 7pm Monday, so I book my ticket back home, as much as I don't want to. I quickly send Ells a text to let her know when I'll be back.

1 message to Ells

I'll get back to London Heathrow at 7pm Monday xx

Almost instantly she replied. 

1 message from Ells

Okay :) I'll meet you there, Con told me part of the reason you're over there, that was a stupid move of him. xx

1 message to Ells

See you soon :)) I bet he doesn't even realise it's his fault either haha xx

1 message from Ells

I don't think he does, that's boys for you :( Maybe you's can talk about it when you get back? xx

1 message to Ells

Maybe, maybe we weren't meant to be, I can't keep letting myself get hurt anymore xx

1 message from Ells

:( xx

No matter what happens with Brad, I will never lose contact with the boys, we'll always remain friends. They mean too much to me to lose. 

A/N - Kind of a filler chapter. It will get better in the next few chapters when she comes home. 

Also, if you want to give any ideas, or just talk about it, tweet with the #goldenfic and I'll read them, that way I'll get to see them all :) 

Hope you enjoyed it

X