Chapter 23 - Please Lucy

Lucy's Pov

Connor's been here for about half an hour now. Ells is now back down here, this time dressed, hair done and make-up on. Her and my mum are currently on a debate over the best clothing brand, they're always debating things. I hear my phone buzz next to me so I pick it up hoping it's Charl or Megan, maybe even Tris or James, but all my hopes are taken from me when I see who it is from....

1 message from Brad

Luc, I need to talk to you, please? Just hear me out. I miss you. X

I'm not really sure whether I want to speak to him right now. Should I? Should I wait a day longer? Does he really mean 'I miss you'? After a few minutes of thinking, I send a reply. 

1 message to Brad

I don't know Brad. When was you thinking? Con said you have a meeting at 3 

I don't write I miss you, or a kiss, because no matter how much I want to, how much I miss him, he'll start to think he's already forgiven. I do miss him, he's my best friend, I fell for him, but after what he's done, I don't know whether we are best friends now, we've not spoken in days and the one time we did talk, I stormed out. I want to sort this out, but isn't it too soon? I'm still trying to get over what happened. After all my thinking, which was a couple of minutes, he had replied. 

1 message from Brad

Lucy I'm honestly really sorry, sorry for everything that happened. I promise you, I didn't want to leave without you that night, but I had no choice. Maybe today, after the meeting, it'll be half hour to hour tops? Meet me at the field at half four? X

1 message to Brad

You may be sorry but it doesn't take back what happened. You could have text me Brad, while you was in the car or something, but you didn't. 

'Do you want to go Nando's for lunch Ells?' I ask looking at her 'And you Con?' I look over at him. 

'Yeah sure' Ells smiles. It's one of her favourite restaurants. 

'Um yeah why not' Connor looks at us. It's his favourite, I knew he wouldn't say no. 

I look at my phone, the time is 11:50 so near enough time for lunch. I grab my bag from upstairs making sure I have my phone and keys. It's Monday, Ells was able to stay a couple of extra days. Her parents were away for some reason, they said she can stay till Thursday. Mum luckilly had the day off work today so she stayed with Grace. We all put our shoes on and started our journey to Town, well Nandos. 

'Brad wants to meet me at the field later' I start as we reach the end of my road. 

'Are you going?' Ells asks. 

'Yeah, I can't ignore him forever' I look at her.

'But if you don't want to talk yet, you can always wait till tomorrow' She half smiles, but with a serious tone. 

'I know' I smile 'I just feel like I owe it to him to hear him out without storming off' I add

After about 15 minutes of walking we reach Nando's. We were shown to a booth, near the front this time. We all sat looking through the menu's for about 3 minutes before going to order. 

'What do you think Charl and James are doing?' Ells asks looking at us both. 

'No idea' Connor answers. 

'Same as Con' I laugh. 

'Can't be bothered with this meeting' Connor sighs. 

'You have to' Ells states.