Chapter 33 - You're like the brother I never had

*Beep Beep*

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off, indicating I have a message. I roll over, reaching out to grab my phone off my bedside unit. 

1 message from Connor

Is it alright to pop over in 20? Got a bit of time before soundcheck x

Oh yeah, today's the 5th October, the day the boys are back for the Birmingham show of their tour. 

1 message to Connor

Yeah that's fine, just you though? x

Almost instantly he replied. 

1 message from Connor

Just me, Ells wants to see you though. x

1 message to Connor

Thank you :) I'll see about texting her to meet up x

I went for a quick shower before returning to my room, drying off and choosing an outfit for the day. I dried my hair, leaving it to it's natural waves before applying some concealer, foundation and mascara. I quickly checked the time, and sure enough it had been 20 minutes since Con texted me. I'm happy to see him again, but I'm just worried one of the others might come along, maybe even Brad.

I went downstairs with my phone, sitting on the sofa until I heard the knock at the door. I let out a quick sigh before answering it. 

'Hey' he half smiled as I opened the door. 

'Uh hey' I smile back. 

'What's up?' He frowns as I move to the side so he can walk in, pulling me into a hug. 

'I was just worried one of the others would come' I look down to the floor after we've pulled away.

'You will have to see them soon' He replies.

'I know - ju- just not yet' I sigh. 

'They miss you' 

'I miss them too, I was so excited for tour but it just wouldn't be right me coming after what's happened. I'd have to face him everyday' I quickly offer him a drink, which he kindly declines. 

'Why don't we go for a walk?' He suggests, suddenly realising mum and Grace are in. 

'Sure' I smile. While I go to get my shoes, bag and coat, Con goes into the living room to say hello. 

---------------------------------------------

'Brad doesn't mean what he said you know' Connor looks towards me. 

'He must of, he's not done anything about it' I shrug. 

'He probably thinks you hate him Luc' He sighs as a smell of Fish and Chips fills my nose. 

'I don't hate him... - I' i stop what I'm saying. 

'Then what?' he asks. 

'I don't know, I guess I'm just angry at him' I start. 'I can't hate him, I fell for him and I guess I loved him' I reply, my thoughts telling me that being in love with someone is different to loving someone. You can love someone or be in love with them. 

'He's in love with you Lucy' He starts. 'He's been so different without you, he knows he's made a mistake. He's quieter, he's barely spoken to anyone. He's trying to keep it together because of tour but deep down, we can all see he's hurting' 

'We'll have to wait and see what happens, if he truly didn't mean it, he will try and make things better but I guess things happen for a reason' I mumble.