Chapter 20 - Suzie

We've all been sat here for over an hour talking and having little jokes. Mum's just joined us in the living room sitting on the sofa next to Charl and James.

"Where's Brad?" She asks looking round noticing he's missing.

"Don't know" I look towards the tv.

"Oh" She replies.

"What do you all want for dinner?" She asks changing the subject. Mum doesn't know what happened the other night, it's best she doesn't know. She'll never let me talk to Brad again, and if I don't talk to Brad, I'll end up losing contact with the others, and I don't want that to happen.

"I don't mind, whatever" I smile.

"Lasagne?" She looks at everyone and we all nod. She walks into the kitchen to start dinner. My phone goes off next to me so I grab it and see a message from Suzie, my best friend on twitter. I've been talking to her for months now and I've never been able to meet her.

1 message from Suzie

Luc!! We need to arrange when we're going to meet! xx

1 message to Suzie

I can get a train up to you in a couple of days if you want? xx

I smile at the thought of finally meeting her. It's been too long and we need to meet! We sit talking for about 30 minutes before I hear a knock at the door so I go to open it. I swing the door open but my face drops at the sight. Brad is stood there. I can't think of anything to say. I can't say anything, I don't want to. He tries to pull me into a hug but I move away.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks, he knows whats wrong. He ditched me last night on our date. Thats whats wrong with me.

"Nothing" I bluntly reply.

"I'm not stupid Lucy" He looks at me.

"I'm not speaking about this right now" I sigh. "What did you want?" I reluctantly ask.

"Are the boys here?" He looks down to the floor, clearly annoyed because I won't tell him what's wrong.

"Yes." I turn around and walk into the living room where everyone stops their conversations and looks at me. Mum still in the kitchen. The doors shut so she can't hear us all.

"Someone's here for you boys" I take a seat on the sofa as Brad walks in the living room. Connor glances at Brad before looking at me. I fake a smile to him, the best I can do because I really didn't want to see him right now.

"Are you okay?" Ells whispers to me.

"Yeah" I whisper back. James, Tristan and Connor stand up and walk out the living room with Brad. I hear them talking through the walls.

"Where were you last night?" Brad asks them.

"We stayed here the night, Luc's mum said it's okay" I hear Connor reply.

"Oh" Brad answers.

"What did you need?" Tristan asks.

"Are you coming back?" Brad questions.

"Lucy's mum's cooking dinner for us" James answers.

"Take that as a no then" Brad sighs.

"We'll come back after" I hear James say.

I hear the kitchen door open before I hear my mum speak up.

"Brad!!" She starts. "Why don't you stay for dinner?" She asks.

"Oh uh. I don't know" he stutters.

"Come on, the boys are here" at this point I sigh and roll my eyes. It's not mum's fault though, she doesn't know what happened. So now I'm going to have to act with Brad. I stand up from the sofa, walking out the living room and up to my room.

I slump down onto my bed and let out a big sigh. I unlock my phone and scroll through my contacts until I see Suzie. I tap her caller ID and it starts ringing.

"Lucy!" she sings as the call connects.

"Suzie!" I reply.

"What's up?" she asks.

"Brad ditched me on a date last night and some guy kidnapped me, said that I was going to pay for Brad breaking his sisters heart. I managed to escape though and Ells and Charl came to get me. He's just turned up at my door because the boys are here and now mums invited him for dinner too" I sigh.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" she breathes.

"I guess, I just don't want to talk to him. Mum doesn't know what happened though, she just assumes we're still good friends." I sigh. "I'm going to have to act nice all night" I add.

"Don't" She starts "Just talk to the boys and Ells and Charl, you'll be fine, text me aswell"

"I will, I have to go, someones coming up, bye" I say and once Suzie says bye I end the call up.

I hear a knock at the door and Megan slowly walks in.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I guess" I answer.

"You didn't want him staying do you?" She says as she sits down on the bed next to me.

"Not really" I roll my eyes.

"Does your mum know?" She looks at me.

"Nope" I start. "It's best she doesn't"

We're interrupted by mum calling us for dinner. I let out a big sigh before grabbing my phone and me and Megan go downstairs to join everyone else. I grab my plate and thank my mum before going into the living room sitting next to Connor and Ells on the sofa, Megan sits next to me.

I don't really talk throughout dinner. Everyone else has conversations that I just listen in on. I notice Brad glance at me a few times but I ignore it. Once I finish, I take my plate back into the kitchen and make myself a drink and I notice Connor behind me.

"Sorry" He looks at me.

"What for?" I ask him.

"Him" He sighs.

"You can't help it, don't be sorry. Mum doesn't know either so that's why she invited him to stay" I half smile.

"Why don't we go for a walk? To the park or something?" He suggests.

"Sure, wait a few minutes though" I smile.