Chapter 36 - Meet my parents

I walked back into the kitchen to Grace, I picked up my phone, stopping the music that was playing and sat at the table. Mum walked in followed by Brad. I opened up the twitter app and scrolled through the tweets that were on my timeline. There wasn't anything interesting so I closed the twitter app and decided I'd go for a walk to the shop so I left the kitchen, grabbing my bag before leaving the house, closing the door behind me. 

I walked the usual way to the shop, deciding to phone Megan on the way. I pull my phone out my bag and scroll through my contacts, clicking on Megans contact. On the 5th ring, she picked up. 

'Hey?' She started. 

'Hey Megs' 

'What's up?' She asks. 

'Brad's been texting me asking to meet up and turned up at the house, I didn't let him in to sort things out because Grace was in and I'm not sorting our problems out infront of her, then mum turned up and let him in so I've come for a walk to the shop' I tell her. 

'Oh gosh' She says. 'Did you want to come over?' She adds. 

'I don't mind, it wouldn't surprise me if Brad tries to find me, I don't understand why he turned up, I told him I'd text him when I can meet him, he's just made things so much worse' I sigh. 'Mum and Dad don't know about us' 

'You're always welcome to come round if you want, he probably thought it'd be a good way to get you back' she starts 'It'll be awkward for him, sitting there with your mum without you there and you's two in the middle of an argument' 

'I guess, I might pop to yours after I've been to the shop' 

'Okay. Tris is here by the way' She speaks through the phone. 

'Doesn't he hate me?' I ask. 

'Why would he?' She questions. 

'I haven't spoken to him or James since me and Brad have had this argument' I sigh. 

'He doesn't hate you' She laughs. 'He understands what's been happening, he was worried about you Luc' 

'Tell him I'm sorry' 

'Do you want to speak to him?' She asks. 

'If he wants to' 

'Here' She says before I hear Tris' voice. 'Hey Lucy' 

'Hey Tris' 

'Are you okay?' He asks.

'Yeah I'm good thanks, you?' I return the question. 

'I'm good, it's good to be talking to you again' he laughs. 

'I'm sorry' I sigh. 'I don't know why I didn't talk to you and James' 

'It's fine, as long as you're okay. I'll see you soon though right?' he questions. 

'Of course you will, I might pop round Megans in a bit, if you're still there I'll see you' 

We quickly finished the conversation because I arrived at the shops. I wondered round, picking up a bottle of Oasis and a Twirl, I also bought myself some snacky foods, a bag of minstrels and some haribos, as well as some cheesey doritos before going to pay.

As I left the shop, my phone buzzed with a text. 

1 message from Brad

Where are you? I can't wait any longer to sort this out x

1 message to Brad

You shouldn't of turned up at my house, I told you I'd text you when I could meet you