Chapter 45 - Vermont

Connor's POV

Instead of answering me about the photos of him and Lauren, he storms out of the room, taking his phone with him. I take this time to call Lucy. I scroll through my contacts, clicking on her caller ID. She picks up on the third ring.

'Hello' I hear her familiar voice through the phone.

'Hey Luc' I reply.

'How are you?' she asks.

'I'm fine, how are you?' I return the question.

'I'm okay I guess' she replies.

'He's not here, I can talk if you want to'

'It's just the photo's, I know they had a thing before but I thought they were over it, they look like they couldn't be happier with each other' she sighs.

'I thought they were too, I don't know what he's playing at, you're the perfect match for him. He'll be stupid to lose you, I hope he doesn't Luc' I speak through the phone.

'I hope I don't too, but some things are for the best' I hope she doesn't mean that, she's probably saying it because she's angry, anyone would.

'He's been an idiot, I'll be sure to tell him when he comes back to the room' I laugh, but I was actually being serious.

'Don't ruin your friendship with him, yours is more important than mine and his, you's are in a band' she speaks and I can tell she's being serious.

'I won't let him hurt you Lucy, anyway, what country are you in? Surely it's late where you are?' I ask, in hope that she'd tell me.

'You won't tell anyone else will you? I'll be back soon' she answers.

'I promise'

'I've come to America, it's nice over here' she slightly laughs.

'It is nice over there, the others are worried about you by the way, even Brad, he doesn't know why you're over there, in fact none of them know I've spoken to you, I thought it'd be best not to tell them because they might all end up bombarding you with texts and I guess that's the last thing you want' I tell her.

'Thank you' she starts. 'You can tell them, they can bombard me with texts but I don't have to reply to them all' she laughs. 'I probably will so they're not worrying though' she finishes.

'I'll tell them in a bit' I laugh. 'Brad said he's going to try calling you in a bit by the way'

'Oh great' she laughs. 'What can I say to him?' she asks. 'Wouldn't it be easier to speak to him face to face about things?'

'If you don't want to talk to him about it over the phone, just say you wanted to take a little holiday somewhere' I suggest. It probably would be easiest talking through the photo face to face.

'I guess, won't he think it's a bit random?' she questions.

'He might, but he'll get over it' I laugh.

'I guess'

Brad's POV

Why's Con asking me about Lauren? Me and her are just friends, he of all people knows that. Instead of answering him, which I probably should have done, I've stormed out of our hotel room, I don't really know where I'm going to go. I walk down the corridoor, heading towards the lift, I have my phone and wallet on me so I decide to go down to the bar.

After waiting in the lift for what felt like years, I arrived at the bottom floor of the hotel, walking out of the lift towards the entrance to the bar. I pull out my phone, deciding to text Tris.

1 message to Tris

Hey man, fancy coming down to the bar?

1 message from Tris

On my way, are you already down there?

1 message to Tris

I am

I added a thumbs up emoji before sending the text and putting my phone back in my pocket. I decide to buy a pint for both of us so I make my way over to the bar. It wasn't long before he joined me.

Lucy's POV

I find myself in America, Vermont. It's so nice here. I've been here for just over a day now, it's Saturday and I've decided to go for a walk somewhere.

Yesterday Con phoned me and Brad just walked away from their room when Con mentioned him and Lauren, walking away from his problems isn't going to help, but I guess I'm not one to talk, I've flown to America because things have gone bad with me and Brad.

I can't stay here forever though, I'm going to have to go back in the next couple of days and face our problems, well his problem. He's put us in this mess.

Everyone here is happy, mostly with their partners, socialising and having fun. I begin imagining what it'd be like to be here with Brad, walking round, sightseeing when he gets a day off, going out for dinner and enjoying ourselves. I shake my head slightly, hoping it'd shake away the thought but it didn't work so I decide to text Ells instead.

1 message to Ells

Hey Ells, how are you? I'll be back home in a couple of days xx

Almost instantly she replied, that's one of the things I love about her.

1 message from Ells

Hey Luc, I'm good, how are you? I'll meet you at the Airport so let me know when you're leaving xx

I begin to make my way back to the hotel after realising I've been out for over an hour. My stomach began rumbling, indicating that I'm hungry. I sigh and try to get back as quick as possible, choosing to get some food from the Hotels restaurant. I plug in my earphones since it's around a 20 minute walk, I click play, waiting for a random song to start playing through my phone. After a few moments of silence, a song starts.

Instantly I recognise the song, I listen to the lyrics and think about them on my way back.

A/N - Lucy's in America, Vermont! What song do you think started playing? You'll find out in the next chapter :)

Hope you enjoyed it, I'm going to start choosing a random person from whoevers voted for each chapter and in each update, I'll dedicate the chapter to you.

Vote, Comment and Share as that'd be cool :) Thank you for reading and I can't believe this is on 7k! I never thought it'd even reach 50 reads, never mind 7k! Love you all

X