Chapter 5 - You didn't disturb me

I walked in the house, closing the door behind me. I put Grace down before she ran into the living room. 

'How was your day?' I heard mum shout through from the kitchen. 

'It was good!' I shouted back before running up to my room to put all my new things in there. I didn't sort them out right away because I decided I'd go and see if mum and dad needed any help with anything. I grabbed my phone out of my bag and made my way back downstairs into the kitchen where I found my mum and dad finishing off building the table.

'Need any help?' I asked standing by the kitchen door. 

'We're done in here now, theres a few boxes in the living room you can unpack.' dad replied before I walked off into the living room where I found Grace sat on the sofa watching TV. I walked over to the boxes that were sat waiting to be unpacked, there was only 3 boxes and they only had CD's, DVD's and little bits and bobs in. I took one of the boxes and opened it. I took out the stacks of CD's and DVD's it contained and piled them on the floor next to me before I picked them up and took them over to the CD unit and placed them in there. It took 3 trips to get them all in there.

I sat back on the floor by the boxes and flat-packed the box I had just emptied before quickly scrolling through Twitter on my phone. I decided to make a tweet before getting back to unpacking. 

@Lucy_Wells: Had a good day today, bought lots of new bits :) Now unpacking the last few boxes before dinner. x

I put my phone next to me and got back to unpacking and before I knew it, I was done. Every box in the house was now unpacked, dad had 2 days before he had to set off back to work. I want to spend at least a day with him before he goes to work but its hard because we are knew in Birmingham and don't really know whats here that we can do. I heard footsteps coming to the front room and before I knew it my mum was stood at the door.

'Fancy a takeaway for dinner Lucy?' She asked.

'Umm yeah sure, what was you thinking?' I said. 

'We was hoping you'd know somewhere' She laughed, 'You could always text Brad and asked' She carried on 

'I suppose I could, I'll let you know' I smiled.

I lifted my phone from the sofa where I had put it down. 

1 message to Brad 

Don't suppose you know of any takeaways? Parents want one tonight haha, sorry to disturb you :) x

I scrolled through Twitter and after about 5 minutes he replied. I clicked the notification so it loaded the message. 

1 message from Brad

You didn't disturb me :) Yeah there's loads! I can show you to a chippy if you want? x

1 message to Brad

I'll just see what the parents say and I'll get back to you :) x

I stood up from the sofa and walked into the kitchen where my parents were sitting at the table drinking some Coffee.

'Brad said he can show me to a Chippy if you like?' I stated as I got to the kitchen.

'Yeah sure, I'm in the mood for a chippy' Dad smiled.  

'I don't mind what we have, it's saving me cooking after all' Mum laughed. 

'I'll be back in a bit then' I laughed before going back to the living room to get my phone. 

1 message to Brad 

They said Chippy is fine, meet you outside yours in 5? x