Chapter 16 - Tear stained face

Connor looked over at Ells because of her initial reaction to Megan.

"Uh hi" Megan shyly started.

"Hello" I smiled at her.

The boys all said hello to her which left Ells. I looked at her to which she looked back at me.

"Oh um hi" Ells looked over at Megan who was smiling. Connor walked over to Ells and gave her a hug.

Ells pov

After about 10 minutes of talking, Connor walked in the door with a brown haired girl standing behind him. She was pretty, but she's probably also dating the guy i'm going on a date with, tonight.

Instantly my face dropped at the sight of her. I look over to Lucy as she looks at me, knowing how I'm feeling. She looks at me as if to tell me not to worry and that it'll be okay. I look down towards the floor before Connor speaks up again.

"This is my best friend, Megan."

It still didn't make things entirely better, he could of said that he was going to introduce us to his best friend.

Everyone said hello to her, excluding me for a minute. However when everyone looked at me I realised I actually had to say hello.

"Oh um hi" faintly comes out of my mouth.

Megan was now smiling as everyone smiled and welcomed her. I just stayed sat in my seat on the sofa, trying to entertain myself with anything I could to avoid conversation. Before long Connor came over and pulled me into a hug.

"What's wrong?" he whispered to me as we were hugging.

"Nothing" I whisper back before pulling away.

"I know there's something wrong." He looks at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Connor I'm fine" I fake smile.

I know that Megan's only Connors best friend but what if he has feelings for her, what if they are something more and just made that up to avoid an argument? She's so pretty, anyone would choose her over me.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Lucy started talking.

"What time are you two going out?" She asked looking at me and Connor who was now sat next to me on the sofa after her hug. Megan in deep conversation with Tris.

Without replying I sigh and roll my eyes before pulling out my phone.

"Uh, 6:00?" Con says, sounding more like a question. He looks over at me.

"Erm yeah, sure whatever" I look back at my phone and scroll through various social networks e.g vine, twitter and tumblr. I notice it's nearly half 4 so I'd need to start getting ready soon. If I can even be bothered to go out anymore.

"I'm going to go back, I need to get sorted and things" I start as I stand up from the sofa.

A load of bye's and see you later's come from everyone as I make my way out the house. I get halfway down the driveway before a pair of hands on my shoulders pull me back.

"What's wrong?" Connor asks as I turn round and face him, without making eye contact.

"Nothing" I sigh "I just need to get ready for later"

"You've barely spoken, something is wrong"

"I'm just tired" I look down to the floor, purely because I know that was a lie.

"Tell me."

"No Connor, i'm fine" I say trying to pull myself from his grip.

"Is it Megan?" He questions