Chapter 47 - I'm back

Lucy's POV

It's now Monday and I'm in a taxi on the way to the Airport, my time here in Vermont is over. I've spent most of my time thinking about what I'm going to do about Brad and I, I need to hear him out I guess, it's a picture, anything could have been happening before that photo. I feel more refreshed since coming here, it's given me a break from home and I probably needed that, since moving to Birmingham, quite a lot has happened and I probably needed a little break from it all. 

I'm pulled from my thoughts when the car stops and the driver turns round to face me, smiling.

'The airport for you' he smiles.

'Thank you' I smile before climbing out of the car, grabbing my bag and suitcase. I pay the driver before walking into the airport.

--------------------------------

'Lucy' Ells squeals running towards me in the airport. I start running, dragging my suitcase behind me, my bag falling off my arm.

'Ells' I squeal back as she pulls me into a rib crushing hug.

'I've missed you' She frowns as we pull away.

'I've missed you too' I sigh.

'Anyway, we best get out of here' she laughs, 'Fancy going for some Nandos?' she looks at me, taking my suitcase from me so I could sort out my bag.

'Why not' I laugh. We just better not bump into the boys because that's the last thing I want to do right now. I've just got back in the UK, I don't fancy pretending everythings ok with me and Brad, or going the other way, arguing with him. We'll save that for another day. 'Where are the boys?' I ask, breaking the silence.

'I think they had a meeting, I'm not too sure' she replies.

'So there's no chance we can bump into them?' I furrow my eyebrows at her.

'Slim chances, they're somewhere in this area though' she looks at me.

'Ok' I half smile.

We decide on putting my suitcase in Ells hotel room while we go to Nandos, the hotels also on the way to Nandos so it makes sense. That's where we are now, we're in the lift up to her room.

'I'm glad to be back in England, I know my way around' I laugh, tilting my head back slightly.

'Where did you go?' She asks me.

'Vermont' I smile. 'It's so nice over there' I add.

'I've heard it's nice there' she replies.

'We should go there sometime, a girly holiday' I suggest as the lift suddenly stops and the doors begin to open. I hear a group of people talking before I start to walk out. I stop, dead in my tracks as I reach the door of the lift. On the odd chance that we could bump into them, it would be just my luck that we did.

'Lucy' Brad smiles, noticing I'm back.

'Oh, hey' I smile.

'You're back' he looks at me.

'Unless we're both dreaming that this is happening, yes I'm back' I reply.

'Brad we need to go, we'll be late to the meeting' Joe speaks up from next to the lift.

'I'll speak to you later' he smiles. I move out of the lift, walking down the coridoor following Ells to her room as the boys walk into the lift. We finally reach Ells room, she unlocks the door before we both walk in.

 'You sounded like you really didn't want to talk to Brad then' Ells laughs.

'He's not exactly in my good books at the moment, not that he realises. He probably took it as a joke, I don't know because Joe interrupted us' I laugh. I genuinely didn't mean for what I said to sound as rude as it did, hopefully Brad will understand that I've just been on a plane for goodness knows how many hours, or he will take it as a joke, I don't know. I'll apologise later.

'True' she replies as we walk back through the door, making our way to Nandos.

'Are you going back to Birmingham tonight?' She asks me, I check the time on my phone, 7:35pm. Depending on what time we finish at Nandos, but I probably will.

'Most probably, if it was like 9 now I definitely wouldn't' We're not going to be in Nandos for hours so I can get back to Birmingham for around 11 if we leave Nandos at around 8:20.

I pull out my phone to have a look at Train times to Birmingham.

London to Birmingham 7:40pm - 9:40pm
London to Birmingham 8:00pm - 10:00pm
London to Birmingham 8:20pm - 10:20pm
London to Birmingham 8:40pm - 10:40pm

That's perfect, 8:40 - 10:40, I'll be at home for 11pm since it takes 15 minutes to walk from the train station. I book a ticket for my journey back home before telling Ells. I'd love to stay in London and spend time with Ells but I can't take more time off work and it's probably been a pain to mum because of Grace finishing Nursery before she finishes work.

------------------------------

Me and Ells are now back in her Hotel room, we have about 5 minutes before we need to leave to get to the train station. We sit on the bed, talking about random things.

"Does Joe know about you and Con yet?" I ask her.

"Nope, not yet, Connor thinks Joe will get funny about it, we're going to tell him soon" she replies.

"Hmm, I guess it's different telling him you're married to you're together" I laugh.

"Just a bit" she sarcastically replies, laughing.

After a few minutes, we stand up, I grab my bag and suitcase before we head to the door. Once we're out in the coridoor, Ells locks the door and we begin to walk to the lift. I hear a door open before the familiar curly brown hair comes into sight. I let out a quiet sigh before tapping Ells and nodding towards him. Hoping he'd turn the other way, I stop walking and try not to make a sound.

My hopes are taken from me when his body turns this way and his face lights up at the sight of me.

'Lucy' he starts before walking towards us.

'I thought you'd already gone' he adds.

'I'm going now' I smile.

'Can't you stay longer?' he asks.

'I need to get home' I reply.

'Just 10 minutes' He looks me in the eye but I avoid eye contact.

'No Brad' I snap my arm out of his grip.

'What's your problem?' He asks, furrowing his eyebrows, confuse shown on his face. 'You can talk to me you know'

'You Brad, you're the problem.' I snap before dragging my suitcase along to the lift.

A/N - Not too sure on this chapter, comment and let me know your thoughts. Lucy's only being off with Brad because 1) she needs to get a train and knows if she stops and speaks to him, she won't get back to Birmingham until they do. 2) She's still angry with him and if she makes eye contact she'll end up forgiving him.

Also, Brad still doesn't know that the photo of him and Lauren is the reason she took a 'Holiday'

She will sort it out with him soon :)

Vote, Comment and share :) That'd be lovely,

Hope you liked it :)

 X