Chapter 58 - I'll try my best

- One year later - 

It's been a tough year to say the least. I've missed Brad so much to say the least. There's been so many times I've wanted to message him, or call him just so I can hear his voice again. I haven't though, I can't do that to him. He's probably happy now, I can't describe how bad I feel about what I done, and what I put him through. But I'm sure it was for the best. 

I didn't just lose contact with Brad that day. I lost contact with most of my best friends too. It would of been awkward for me to stay in contact with all the girls if they're boyfriends couldn't know. That's why the only people I stayed in contact with was Con, Ells, Suzie and Kian. I actually saw them quite a lot, we'd make sure we saw each other at least 3 times a month still. Out of them all, them 4 are the only ones that have seen mine and Brad's little girl. That's right, we had a girl. I named her Amelie. She has straight brown hair and bright blue eyes. 

It's not that I don't want Brad seeing Amelie, I want him to see her more than anything in the world, but I also want Brad to have his dream and that would be the band. If we're bought back together at some point, then I guess it's meant to be.  Right now though, I am about to make Amelie's bottle and then get us both ready for the evening. Because tonight, I'm going to one of The Vamps Christmas tour dates. I would take Amelie but she's way too young at the moment. I am so excited, but also a bit nervous, what if Brad notices me through the show and can't sing anymore? What if he sees me and kicks me out of the venue? I'm pulled from my thoughts when my phone starts ringing. I check the caller ID. It's Ells. 

"Hey" I start. 

"Lucy" she calls through the phone. 

"What's up?" I ask as I pick Amelie up taking her through to the kitchen, holding her in my arm as I start making her next bottle. I put the phone on speaker so I can make the bottle without holding a child and a phone. 

"Just wanted to see how you've been since I last saw you" she replies.

"I've been good. I saw mum and Grace again the other day" I smile even though she can't see me. 

"How was it?" she asks. 

"It was lovely, Grace tries to help look after Amelie, but she's still too young at the moment, especially with how old Amelie is, she's only 2 and a half months. 

"That's so cute! I really miss Grace, and your mum obviously" she laughs. 

"I'll arrange a day for you all to come round" I laugh back, Ells has always looked at Grace as a little sister, and my mum as a second mum. 

"Yayyy" she squeals. "What are you doing tonight?" she asks. 

"I'm actually - E - erm - going to the vamps concert" I speak. 

"Oh my god!!!! Are you!? I need to see you again!!" She exclaims. 

"I am, I'm going to be all alone, I can't bring Amelie, she's way too young!" I speak, my voice getting faster. "I was going to leave her with my mum as she's coming up for the evening." I continue. 

"Noooo bring her! I'll go and buy some ear defenders quickly and I'll get Connor to ask Joe if you can stay near doors incase you need to get her out! Put her in something with a hood so you can put that up on top of the defenders." she says. 

"I don't know Ells" I sigh. I want to take her, that way she'll be able to see her dad in person, but it'd be too much noise.

"It'll be okay Luc, we'll make it work!" she used a persuading  tone. 

"Uhh okay" I finally say after a moments silence. "I just don't want to hurt her ears, she's only 2 and a half months" I say. 

"Luc it'll be fine I promise" she speaks in a comforting tone.