Chapter 7 - Movie Time

Silence filled the room as they all stared at me and immediately I felt myself blush. I looked down at the floor to try and hide it, but if I'm honest, it made everything a whole lot worse so I started whispering to Grace to entertain her.

'Boys... Firstly, stop staring at them.. Can't you see they're shy' Brad said as he turned to look at me with my red cheeks.

'Oh erm.. sorry' James started.

'Didn't mean to stare' Connor said.

'Anyway.. This is Lucy, my new neighbour, I showed her around Birmingham the past 2 days' Brad smiled whilst smiling at me.

'And who's the kid then?' Tristan asked.

'Her sister, Grace.' Brad said glaring at Tristan.

I felt something on my leg and as I looked down I saw Jesse, Brad's dog rubbing against my leg, so I bent down with grace and stroked her.

'Did you want a drink Lucy?' Brad asked before leaving the room.

'Umm I'm fine thank you' I smiled.

Brad walked off into the kitchen leaving me in the living room with Grace, Jesse, Tristan, James and Connor.

'Hi Lucy' Connor smiled whilst watching me stroke Jesse with Grace.

'Uh H-Hi' I looked over at Connor.

'So when did you move?' He asked.

'2 days ago' I smiled.

'Ah cool, still new round here then' He laughed.

'Yeah' I chuckled.

'Hello Lucy' James said whist Connor came over trying to talk to Grace who dug her head in my shoulder.

'Hi' I looked over at James who had looked up to me from his phone.

'Nice to meet you Lucy' Tristan started as he came over to me with his arms out for a hug.

'Nice to meet you too' I smiled after pulling away from the hug. Just then Brad walked in with his drink.

'Don't crowd her jeez boys' He laughed. 'If they annoy you just tell me' He added.

I turned Grace round so she faced the boys even though she tried fighting me to keep her head in my shoulder. Brad noticed she was shy and embarrassed so he started whispering to her which made her laugh. I have no idea what he said, but it made her come out of her shell so I was happy. Brad seemed to get on with Grace and she liked him so Grace had also made a friend. A band member as one of her first friends, how lucky!

'Shall we go to starbucks?' Connor suggested.

'I'm up for it' James and Tristan said almost in unison.

'Did you want to go Starbucks?' Brad asked me.

'Sure' I smiled.

We all stood up and made our way to the front door. Brad carried Grace while James, Tris and Connor walked off infront.

'Sorry about them' Brad laughed.

'It's fine' I laughed as we started walking down Brads driveway after he locked the door.

'I mean it though, if they get on your nerves just tell me' He smiled.

'I will' I looked at Brad who had somehow managed to make Grace laugh.

We carried on walking before the boys stopped and waited for us to catch up a bit. After about 10 minutes we reached Starbucks and all piled in finding a table.