Sugawara Koushi || Dreams

Soulmate AU where your soulmate is the only thing you dream about; one dreams about their soulmates days/lives/encounters/feelings.

Ever since she could remember, he was all she could dream about. A total stranger, someone she'd most likely never meet. That was normal, though; everybody in the world dreamed about a stranger every night, and only a fraction of the world was blessed enough to meet their soulmate in time to be happy and start a family with them.

 It was a thing that not everyone could achieve; soulmates didn't just happen in the same country  every time, it'd never be that simple for everyone. People, after dreaming about their soulmates for 20+ years, would travel to the places they'd dreamed of and try to find the soulmate, the literal person of their dreams, but it didn't always work. 

Her parents had somehow managed it, and she figured she'd never meet her soulmate, until she had a dream that showed her where he lived; Miyagi. She lived in Tokyo, not too far from Miyagi. She'd learned so much about him when she was starting high school, and it was then she realized he was the same age as her, in the same grade. He even played volleyball, the only sport (f/n) was even remotely interested in, and the one she'd been a manager for since she started middle school.

For some reason she dreamed about him playing volleyball more than she dreamed about him doing anything. Him playing volleyball was beautiful; his sets, the way he cheered up his teammates with the simplest of gestures, the way he was so unbelievably refreshing even when the other team was completely destroying his team, all of it. 

She loved his voice, even though she could barely ever remember the sentences it said while she was dreaming it up. She was smitten with the silver strands of hair on his head, and although she wasn't sure of all of his facial features, she knew he was beautiful. Through her dreams she'd found out he went to Karasuno high school, which made her heart clench; in just a few weeks Karasuno's Volleyball Club would be traveling to Nekoma for a full week training camp, and as Nekoma's manager, it was the perfect time for her to meet him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nights leading up to the training camp were the most exciting and stressful nights of sleep (f/n) had ever experienced. They were full of her dreaming about her soulmate, who spent his days thinking about volleyball and her. His dreams were plagued with her as her dreams were with him, though he would never want to complain about that; she was magnificent, he could tell without even knowing her.

Then came the first day of training camp, the most hectic morning (f/n) had ever been faced with. She'd almost worn something obscene, because she was sure she'd be meeting her soulmate, but she instead dressed as she usually would for a morning of practice; her pair of Nekoma sweat pants, a white t-shirt, and her Nekoma sweater in her bag in case she needed it. (It was summer, so it wouldn't be needed at all, but she wanted to be prepared for anything on that day.)

She took the bust to the school alone as she usually did for Saturday morning practices, and she arrived around the same time as the rest of the Nekoma team had. The entire team went to start setting everything up, ecstatic to be seeing all of their friends from their different schools again. They lived in the same town as most of them, but didn't have the time, energy, or money to go and see them. 

(f/n) then worked on the most annoying part of her mornings; filling up every water bottle for the team. She made Lev accompany her, since he seemed to make the best of most situations, and the two set off on filling the bottles as quickly as they could. The second Lev could her steps in the gym, however, he handed the bottle he was filling to his Senpai and ran off, apologizing to her as she went. There were only three bottles left, so she filled them with a sigh, not even thinking about meeting her soulmate anymore. 

She set all of the now full water bottles into the crate used to move them, and carefully carried them into the gym, being met with an energetic orange haired kid jumping up and down with Inuoka. She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight and walked around them, setting the crate down beside Kuroo and the captain of the Karasuno team, she believed his name was Sawamura, both of whom smiled at her slightly. 

Out of all of her friends, (f/n) had only told Yaku the fact that she was going to be meeting her soulmate during this training camp. He, in an attempt to help his friend and save himself from Karasuno's libero, grabbed (f/n) by the arm and took her to a corner of the gym, where they had a view of everyone in the building. 

"That's Karasuno's setter," he told her, pointing to a black haired boy, and just by looking at him (f/n) knew he wasn't him, he wasn't her soulmate.

"No, Yaku, he's more-" she cut herself off in order to think, not sure how to explain the boy when she technically didn't know him at all. She felt like she knew everything because she lived his days during her nights, but it was hard to recall all of those memories to anyone else. "That can't be him. I know he's closer to our age, and he's not that... he just doesn't act that way, I know he doesn't."

She stopped and tried to think of anything about her soulmate that she could, anything to help she and Yaku know who it was. "He's refreshing and happy, and helps the team like you help the Nekoma members, an-"

It was easy for Yaku to think about the motherly figure of Karasuno's team. "Its Sugawara!" Yaku shouted, grabbing his friend's hand before dragging her towards a boy who was busy laughing with Sawamura and Kuroo. 

In a manner that was very unlike him, Yaku interrupted the conversation; he shoved (f/n) directly in front of the silver haired boy, whose eyes widened immediately.

"Oh," he said, and the voice was like music to the girl's ears, making heat rush to her cheeks and her heart flutter. It was the exact voice she'd heard in her dreams, accompanied with the same hair, and a brand new face. It was cute and round and pale, and his eyes were large and innocent, a beauty mark underneath the left one. He was so beautiful that it hurt her, and she almost cried from the sight of him in front of her.

"You're an angel," she said to him before laughing lightly. "I've dreamed of you for almost eighteen years, but your face is so much prettier than I though it would be, it's not even fair how pretty you are. And your voice, it's li-"

Her rant was cut off by her soulmate's lips meeting hers, and she felt even more ecstatic then than she had when she first met his gaze, when she first heard his voice. It was a sweet, short kiss, and even though (f/n) wanted nothing more than to press further into it she didn't, knowing that it wouldn't be appropriate to do so in front of Kuroo and Yaku, and especially Suga's captain.

"You're even better than I dreamed," he whispered to her, and it was then they realized that almost the entire gym was looking at them, watching them with curious eyes. "I can't believe I just met my soulmate," the boy added, a small blush crossing his face. "I've never felt so complete."

(f/n) immediately felt the need to kiss him again, so she did, gaining wolf-whistles and cheers of encouragement from the members of both teams. It was the perfect start to a perfect training camp and a perfect future.