Akaashi Keiji || Set Up

gonna be doing some things later so here is next one shot hope you all have fantastic days

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Akaashi!" The boy being called turned to see his best friend, although sometimes he questioned why he deemed someone like Bokuto his best friend. "Okay, so I've got this cousin, and she actually just moved back to Tokyo and I really think the two of you would get along!"

Akaashi sighed. "Bokuto-San, it's already hard for me to handle you, handling someone just like you on top of you wouldn't be fun."

Bokuto frowned, but only for a moment before smiling again.

He then spent the rest of their time walking into school telling Akaashi all kinds of things about his cousin; how she looks, how old she was, why she was away from Tokyo, everything. Akaashi listened until they had to split up, and then walked away from Bokuto without saying goodbye.

It continued on like this for the rest of the day; during lunch, before practice, during practice, and then on their way home. Akaashi was getting rather annoyed with Bokuto only talking about this girl.

"If I agree to meeting up with your cousin will you shut up about her?"

Bokuto said yes and texted his cousin immediately to tell her the 'good news.' She didn't want Bokuto to set her up like this, because she wasn't interested in dating anyone, especially someone who was friends with Bokuto, but she did want to make more friends. Though she loved her cousin, his rambunctious behavior was often too much for her to handle.

"She's starting school here on Monday, and will be in your class, but you guys will meet for coffee tomorrow, okay?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, both Akaashi and (f/n) got ready with a little bit of dread in their hearts. Both of them were thinking the same thing; that they were going to be going on a date with a second Bokuto.

Akaashi had met Bokuto's parents, and although he knew Bokuto's father was fairly laid back, he knew Bokuto's mother was just like her son. He figured that this cousin was just like him, and that he would have to deal with mood swings and an over-excited lady, which he didn't have the energy for.

(f/n) figured that anyone who hung out with Bokuto was just like him, and she wasn't excited to have to deal with one of her cousin's overpowering friends.

They both had thought about not going, but they didn't want Bokuto to be disappointed and flip out on them, so they decided it was better to just go and deal with it.

Akaashi lazily made is way to the cafe, mentally preparing himself to deal with what he was going to have to face. He went through the worst things that had happened with Bokuto in his mind, and suddenly felt better; anything that happened this morning would be better compared to what he's dealt with before.

Once he made it to the small cafe, he hesitated for a moment. Once he walked in there he was probably going to be tackled into a hug and bombarded with many questions. After a small mental pep talk to himself, he walked in.

There were a few couples, ranging from adults to seniors, and then a lone girl in a corner who was staring out the window. She had a cup in front of her, and an empty cup waiting in front of the chair across from her.

She looked how Bokuto described, so Akaashi knew it was her and calmly walked towards her. She looked up when she heard his footsteps, and blushed when their eyes met.

"You must be (f/n), it's nice to meet you," Akaashi said. The girl had stood up and her hand met his in a very nervous, shitty handshake.

"I'm sorry that Koutarou set this up, he is rather embarrassing," she said quietly, which surprised Akaashi. He was starting to like her a lot already - no surprise hugs, and she was speaking quietly as if she was nervous too.

He figured he'd like her more and more with how little she was like Bokuto. Nothing against his owl friend - he loved Bokuto very much - but he definitely would never, ever, want to date anyone like him.

"You don't have to apologize for that guy," Akaashi said, which made (f/n) smile shyly.

After that they both sat down they talked very calmly about themselves, something they both enjoyed greatly. Now that they knew that the two of them were rather similar, they were less awkward, which made communicating with each other far more enjoyable and easier overall.

After about twenty minutes of the two sitting there (f/n)'s phone went off, signifying a text from Bokuto, which made her sigh. "He wants to take me around the area and get me reaquainted with things," she explained to Akaashi.

He could tell she didn't have the energy or will to walk around with Bokuto.

"If you'd like I could take you around instead of him," the black haired boy offered, a little shyly, but the girl smiled brightly at the offer.

"Yeah, that'd be nice."

After paying for their drinks they left to walk around their neighborhood together, Akaashi showing (f/n) everything she would need to know while living there. The two teenagers went from the cafe to a small convenience store, then to a flower shop that Akaashi informed (f/n) his mother loved receiving flowers from, and then he took her to the small park down the street and they walked around it for some time.

They spent many hours walking around together, and only left each other when Bokuto wouldn't stop calling (f/n) for her to come home.

"Uhh, thank you very much for this," (f/n) said, wringing her hands together nervously. "It's nice to know that there's someone around who can also handle Bokuto's antics, but is very much not like Bokuto."

Akaashi smiled at (f/n) slightly. "He's a great friend, no matter how big a pain in the ass." He started walking away from her and then turned to wave at her slightly. "It was nice to get to know you a little. I'll see you in class on Monday."

They parted ways then, both with uncharacteristically large smiles on their faces.

"So, Akaashi, how did your date with (f/n) go?" Bokuto asked on Monday. The before mentioned girl would be at lunch with them, but she was handling some things with the secretary of the schools front office.

"It was nice-" Akaashi looked at Bokuto. "-we talked a lot about how hard you are to handle. I think having her around will be nice."

"Akaashi, I set up that date so you guys would like each other, not talk about how troublesome I am!"

Akaashi didn't reply, just continued eating his lunch. Bokuto would soon learn that his two favorite people had in fact begun to like each other, and it would only be a little longer before they told each other about the feelings.