Haiba Lev || Next Step

"When are you gonna ask her to move in with you? I mean, you guys have been dating for like, a century-"

"We've only been together for four years," Lev corrected, frowning at his phone. "I didn't call to talk to you, where's Yaku? I know you guys are together."

Kuroo laughed into the phone, and Lev heard him shuffling around and figured he was moving to give the phone to Yaku. "I'm just saying," Kuroo started, still walking towards his shorter friend, "she practically lives with you already, just straight up ask her. You weren't nervous about any other milestone in your relationship, why are you scared now?"

"This is different," Lev argued, his tone heavy. "Just, give the phone to Yaku." There was more shuffling and then Lev was speaking with who he wanted to speak with. "Yaku-San!"

Said male sighed, and Lev pictured him pinching the bridge of his nose like he always does. "You don't need to yell when we're on the phone, Lev." The half Russian boy frowned a little, but perked up when his senpai asked what it was he needed.

"How do I ask (f/n) to move in with me?" Again, Yaku sighed.

"Lev, it's not like you to doubt yourself; just ask her, okay?"

"What if she says no, Yaku-San?"

The older male frowned, not used to Lev being so down about something.

"If she says no it's not a big deal; some people prefer their own space and take longer to commit to moving in with others. It won't be the end, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. If you love her, it won't be hard to wait for her."

Lev agreed with his senpai and thanked him before hanging up.

*****

"Lev, I'm here."

The man perked up at that voice, and smiled widely at the girl standing in the entryway to his small apartment. He picked her up into a bone crushing hug, which left her giggling.

"It's good to see you too," she said between her laughs. "Now, what was so urgent that I had to stop studying to come here?"

Lev wasn't offended by the question because he knew that if (f/n) had really been to busy, she wouldn't of come to his apartment. She was serious about her studies, and she made it clear to Lev that at this time of the school year they'd probably see each other less because finals were approaching.

"Come sit," Lev offered, ushering his girlfriend of four years towards his lumpy couch. They sat close to each other on it, Lev with a large smile and (f/n) with a smile too, despite how confused she was at the moment. He grabbed both of her hands in each one of his own, and addressed her seriously. "(f/n)."

"Lev," the girl replied in a voice just as serious as his own.

"We've known each other since high school," he started again, looking deeply into her eyes.

"Yes, we have," she agreed, smiling through her confusion. "You haven't grown up much through the years." She winked after this, and Lev blushed but smiled anyways.

"Very true," Lev agreed, knowing she was right; he was still a giant, gangly child, but neither of them cared. Lev being a giant gangly child is what (f/n) loves the most about him. "And we're the coolest couple around, (f/n). You clean really well and I am a great cook thanks to my mom, so we're like the master duo."

Lev was uncharacteristically quiet again, and (f/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you okay, Lev? You're never this quiet, never this unsu-"

"I want you to move in with me, (f/n)."

They were both quiet then, Lev letting (f/n) take in the information.

"Lev," she started, "I'd love to, I really would, but you know what that entails, right?"

Lev scrunched his eyebrows as (f/n) had before. "Yeah. That means I get to live in an apartment with the woman I love," he replied, letting a goofy smile cross his face.

"Lev, living with me would be more work than you're making it sound like." Lev didn't seem sure about what she was implying, so (f/n) elaborated. "You're going to have to deal with me on my period," she started. Lev, like most mature men, wasn't at all phased by the mention of his girlfriend's period.

"I've done that before. Just last month I got you pads and snacks and took care of you."

(f/n) smiled at him. "But this would be all the time; I can get very cranky when I'm on my period, Lev. And I'm even more cranky in the mornings, remember? Just last week when you woke me up I was super mean to you because I was cranky."

Lev smiled despite the memory being rather unpleasant. "I'll just make sure I wake you up in really good ways every morning, (f/n). You love it when I wake you up with breakfast and kisses, so I'll do that."

Lev moved (f/n) so that she was sat in his lap and he kissed her lightly on the cheek. "Tell me more. Tell me all the problems you think I'll have and I will tell you how I will fix them."

(f/n) leaned into Lev. "I just don't want to scare you or ruin your expectations of having me live with you."

"I'll tell you my expectations, okay?" (f/n) nodded and rested her head on Lev's shoulder, ready for story time. "Okay, so, like I said, I will start off my days by either kissing you awake or having breakfast ready for you. I know that won't be possible every morning, but I'll try my hardest. And then we'll go to school or work or whatever and do our own thing and then we'll come home and cuddle and kiss and make dinner and clean together.

"When you're on your period I'll go out and buy you pads and I'll rub your tummy and feed you your favorite junk foods until you feel better. And when I make you mad and you want me to leave you alone I will, and when you're sad I'll be closer to you to make you feel better. I'll kill all the bugs even if they scare me too, and I'll do the typical move of laughing at your raccoon eyes when your makeup is all over after your showers.

"It'll be everything we do now (f/n) except we'll do it more often. We'll come home to each other and wake up next to each other, and I just really would love that."

(f/n) moved her head a bit and lightly kissed Lev's neck, placing a few innocent kisses up his neck and to his cheek. "I love you Lev," she said into his cheek, and she could feel Lev's cheek wrinkle against her lips as he smiled.

"I love you too," he replied, turning to face his girlfriend. "So that's a yes, right? Because it sounds like a yes."

"It's a yes Lev," she said, and Lev squeezed her tight into another bone crushing hug. She could feel his body shaking with laughter as he held her close.

"Yes, (f/n)! I'm so excited! Every night is going to be like a sleepover with my best friend that I can kiss!"

(f/n) laughed with him, and wanted to hug him back but her arms were stuck by her side from Lev's hug.

"It's gonna be one hell of an adventure, Lev."