Hanamaki Takahiro || Babies?

Hanamaki and Matsukawa are my Haikyuu!! otp but I can't just not write for my favorites so here are some feels for Makki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 (f/n) had never really kept anything from Hanamaki. They'd been dating since their first year in college, and had done most things together ever since. That's seven years full of (f/n) dealing with Hanamaki's shitty puns and stupid stories from his past, and seven years of him having to deal with her throwing things at the TV when something in her favorite anime happened that she didn't like - they both agreed that these were the greatest seven years ever.

Their relationship was an extremely open one; telling each other when they did something embarrassing, saying when they have problems with something the other is doing, admitting when they dislike what the other had cooked, everything. So, when (f/n) came back from 'work' and was acting strange, Hanamaki decided to do what he always did; he asked her about it.

She told him that everything was fine; that something at work had happened to make her mood a bit sour, and Hanamaki worked hard on making her feel better like he always had. He cracked jokes and repeated tales from high school volleyball training camps and he got (f/n) to laugh quite a bit.

The next few days she was better - normal even. Well, normal for her. She was happy and sassy and sarcastic and Hanamaki was glad because he wouldn't have known what to do had she have stayed gloomy. It was a week after her off day that she got a call from the place she had gone - the place that wasn't work.

She went, texting Hanamaki to tell him that she was headed out and would hopefully be back before he got home from work. It was an even worse trip than the first one had been. She left with tears in her eyes and a hole in her stomach that only seemed to grow the closer she got to she and Hanamki's home. She'd never been more upset with her decision to take public transit when she could have driven herself crying in front of people wasn't something she enjoyed doing.

 The minute she stepped through the door, she broke down. Hanamaki wouldn't be home for another hour, so (f/n) let herself sob on the couch in their living room, and she only stopped crying fifteen minutes before her boyfriend was going to come home.

She showered then, and spent most of her time in the shower scrubbing her face, trying to make her eyes look less irritated. It worked (for the most part) and she changed into one of Hanamaki's large shirts and a pair of pajama shorts before heading downstairs. She made it down the stairs just in time to see Hanamaki taking off his shoes, and she forced a smile immediately upon seeing him.

"How was work?" she asked, walking towards him with the fake smile on her face.

"It was good! And look, I brought home some take out and some creampuffs." He held up a bag in his right hand and then leaned in to kiss (f/n) on the cheek. "You wanna go get this set up while I change? I smell like the pastries from the shop."

(f/n) took the bag from him and headed towards the kitchen, where she set out the take out food and chopsticks. Hanamaki was down only a few minutes later in some sweats and a t-shirt. They sat across from each other and stuffed their faces, talking lightly about nothing of importance.

(f/n) didn't pay much attention to any of Hanamaki's stories that night; she was too busy replaying the words of her doctor in her head, trying to figure out how to tell Hanamaki - how the fuck should she tell Hanamaki? They'd talked about it before. They'd been together for seven years, even though they were still rather young they'd both spoken about it and agreed that it would be nice to have kids in their future. Kids with Hanamaki's stupid hair cut and (f/n)'s eyes and the inability for them to be losers because man their parents were both so cool and-

"I can't have kids."

The entire house was immediately quiet after (f/n) said that. Hanamaki stopped his story - one about the new employee that he was stuck training and how incompetent he was. Hanamaki just stared at his girlfriend, food forgotten. She was beginning to cry, and Hanamaki wasn't sure if he heard her right, so he just stared at her until she spoke again.

"I can't have kids, Hanamaki, ever. I can't reproduce," she repeated, and Hanamaki was sure he heard her that time.

"W-Why not?" he asked, and if he ever regretted anything in his twenty-six years of life it was saying fucking 'why not' when his girlfriend was crying because she couldn't reproduce.

"The doctor said a lot of big medical words that I didn't really understand, but the basis of them all was that my uterus is shaped wrong so I cannot conceive a child."

Hanamaki moved over to his girlfriend and got on his knees in front of her, trying to dry her tears with his thumbs. "Why did you go to the doctors in the first place? Did you want to start trying or something?" he asked quietly, confused with this whole situation.

"I thought I was pregnant," she told him, her sobs calming down. "I didn't want to tell you and get our hopes up or scare you so I decided to just go and find out before I told you and she told me I wasn't. That was a week ago, that's why I was being weird. And then she called me today to go back in, an-" she broke off into a sob and Hanamaki pulled her into a hug.

And they stayed like that for about ten minutes. The only sounds in the house were those of (f/n) crying and Hanamaki trying to console her. Neither of them had ever been so distraught about something; the last time either of them was crying was because of a sad movie, and (f/n) didn't console Hanamaki then, she laughed at him for being such a baby. This was more serious than either of them were used to, more serious than either of them wanted to deal with.

"We wanted kids," she mumbled, burying her face into his neck. "I can't give you babies, Takahiro."

"That's okay," he said, smiling slightly at her. "I'm not with you just so we can reproduce I'm with you because I love you and the fact that you can't reproduce isn't going to change that. Plus we can adopt; we'd have kids to love and they'd love us for taking them into a loving home, even if they weren't biologically ours. Or we can just keep the home just us forever, and we can have nerf gun wars and walk around without clothes on and we can be the coolest kids on the whole block, (f/n). As long as I can keep you happy, I don't care what we do."

(f/n) laughed and pushed Hanamaki away from her a bit so that she could look into his eyes. "You're sounding awfully romantic right now, Takahiro," she said quietly, bending her body forward to put her forehead against his. "Thank you."

Hanamaki smiled at her while nudging their noses together. "Anytime," he said. He kissed her lightly on the lips before moving to stand back up, stretching out his legs because kneeling like that was a hell of a strain. "Let's finish this shitty takeout on the couch and watch some movies and cuddle."

"Okay," (f/n) said, a small smile growing back on her face. She picked up her takeout and they walked to the couch. "But we're watching Howl's Moving Castle again," she added, and Hanamaki put the movie he had in his hand back on the shelf before grabbing the Studio Ghibli film. He smiled at her widely and put the movie in. 

"Howl's Moving Castle it is." 

------------------------------

Any requests???? 

Mattsun is next, but other than that I'd love ideas! 

hope you all had fantastic days ^.^