Oikawa Tooru || Names

soulmate au where your soulmate's name is on your wrist and everyone in the world can see it but you.

Oikawa was requested by erodrelle - I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(f/n) was a part of the minority on the world; she never wanted to meet her soulmate. When she was younger she did - she loved the thought of meeting the person she was destine to be with, getting to know them and share her life with them. That all changed when she realized that it wasn't always that nice; her parents were soulmates and they hated each other.

So, she didn't mind the thought that she may never meet her soulmate - she actually liked the thought of never meeting whoever it was. She didn't want to beat the odds, find the one person in the world she was supposed to love forever and then hate them like her parents. It didn't seem worth it to her to force love because of a name on her wrist instead of find love with someone because she actually loved them.

So, she had her mother tell her where the mark on her arm was, and she covered it everyday.

*****

When (f/n) walked into her home after work that day, nobody was supposed to be there. Matsukawa was supposed to be out all day with Hanamaki and one of their friends from high school that (f/n) had yet to meet, but she found them sitting on the couches in the living room, laughing at something Matsukawa had said. They turned to see (f/n) when they heard her walking in, laughter dying down but smiles not leaving.

She waved at them, allowing a smile to adorn her features. "Hey, you guys are home early."

"Yeah, it got cold and Oikawa swore his toes were gonna fall off because of how cold they were." She figured Oikawa was the man sitting in the cushioned seat to the side of the couch, someone she wasn't able to meet because she went to a different high school in the prefecture than Matsukawa had.

(f/n) admired how good looking the man was, all fluffy hair, wide brown eyes, and kind smiles. It made the girl feel a little messy compared to him, her makeup smearing, bags under her eyes, and her hair up in a mess bun. She'd worked the morning shift at work, though, so she deserved to look as sloppy as she did.

"You must be Oikawa?" The man nodded, a blinding smile on his face. "It's nice to meet you; I hope your toes are still attached."

Oikawa lifted his sock clad foot into the air and wiggled his toes, a large, childish smile on his face. "They're all still here!" (f/n) laughed and congratulated him on keeping all of his toes. Oikawa rested his foot back on the floor and waved at the girl. "It's nice to meet you, (l/n)-chan! Mattsun has told me a lot of funny stories about you."

The girl sent a warning look to her friend, and he shrugged at her, hands up in a manner that says he doesn't know what she's talking about.

"He already told Oikawa that one, (l/n)," Hanamki said with a mock expression of sadness. (f/n) glared to Matsukawa, betrayal evident on her face. She then moved her gaze to Oikawa, a smirk settling on her lips.

"Hey Oikawa, wanna hear about the time in middle school when Issei-"

"(f/n), please don't."

*****

It was a month into knowing Oikawa that he brought up the topic everyone did.

"Ne, (l/n)-Chan, I've known you for a month and I've never seen your soulmate tattoo! What if we're soulmates?" He finished with a wink, and (f/n) frowned. She stopped chopping the vegetables in front of her and looked to meet eyes with Oikawa, a curious look on his face.