Oikawa Tooru || Dinner

WOAH GUESS WHO IS ALIVE? It's me, I know, you're all probably surprised lol. Anyways, I'm sorry I've been gone, but I probably won't be back all that often?? Like I really wanted to write, so I tried and tried and tried to write this for the last few days until I finished it finally today, but it's pretty shitty and I'm not sure this is how I want to write like this anymore? I think I want to write more for ships, but IDK because I've just been writing a lot of Kurotsuki x reader and I just don't know anymore because I'm falling apart lol. 

anyways, enjoy this kind of shitty thing I'm not even sure what this is anymore.

Hope you all are having great mornings/days/nights :) :) :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a little ridiculous, really, how much (f/n) hated making dinner. She and Tooru took turns, and while it wasn't unfair (they took turns every other day, and then ate out on Saturday because they deserved a break) it was still super annoying because (f/n) hated cooking. Her dinner nights were usually nights they got pizza delivered or (f/n) stopped to get takeout or she made ramen because she didn't like to cook and she wasn't good at it.

Tooru had started to complain, claiming that they were going to grow more unhealthy than they already were, and that they were "adults, (f/n), and we've gotta start acting like it or Iwa-Chan will never stop making fun of us!"

(f/n) refrained from telling her boyfriend that the childhood nickname probably wasn't helping with Hajime's opinion of (f/n) and Tooru being childish, but she didn't say anything like that and agreed to try harder.

Ever since then, (f/n) had made real dinners for them; granted it had only been two weeks, so she was only in charge for six nights, but that was still a big deal because, again, (f/n) hated cooking. But today, today was a different story. (f/n) was tired from work and she was starting to get a headache, and she knew that if she didn't go home and nurse her almost pounding head then it wasn't going to stop pounding until later the next day and (f/n) wasn't keen on the thought of having a pounding headache for the next 24 hours.

So, upon getting home, (f/n) ordered she and Tooru a pizza (with breadsticks too, because if she was going to cave then she was going to cave, dammit) and then she changed into sweats and curled up on the couch with their cat and watched Netflix.

Tooru got home only about fifteen minutes later, and (f/n) was only a little upset that it was him because she was really, really hungry, and the pizza she ordered sounded so good and she just wanted it so bad. However, the second Tooru came and planted his body on top of hers and forced all of the air out of her lungs, she was happy it was Tooru and not pizza. He kissed all over (f/n)'s face and trailed his cold fingers up to touch the warm skin of (f/n)'s sides under her shirt.

"Tooru," she said breathlessly, laughs bubbling out of her as he tickled her sides. Their cat had glared at Tooru as soon as he came and flopped onto (f/n), and then proceeded to move to the top of the couch where the humans could no longer reach him.

Tooru stopped and moved, because while he knew (f/n) could handle his weight he still didn't want to squish her, and then he was smiling wide at her. "So, what are you making me for dinner? It's quite late already, so it must be something quick? I sure hope so, because I'm starving, (f/n), and I don't know if I can wait much longe-"

Tooru was cut off by the sound of a knock on their front door, and (f/n) was smiling wide as she moved to answer it and pay for the pizza. She turned to tell Tooru that dinner was there and ready for him to eat, but when she met his gaze her smile turned into a frown.

"Don't look at me like that, Tooru," she said with a pout, the boxes with their dinner in her arms. "I'm getting a headache and I'm exhausted and we both know that pizza is way better than anything I can make."

Tooru frowned and moved to take the boxes from (f/n)'s hands before going into the kitchen. "I'm very disappointed in you, (f/n)-Chan," Tooru said in a voice that (f/n) knew meant he wasn't really disappointed, but he wanted to act like he was. "I'll forgive you, though, because you've done so well making dinner over the last couple of weeks."

He opened the box of pizza, picked a piece up off of his side, and didn't wait a second before he was taking a huge bite out of the slice. Tooru, with his inability to feel the heat of any food or beverage ever, didn't even flinch at the fact that the pizza was burning hot, something that was going to stop (f/n) from enjoying a piece for a few more minutes.

Tooru groaned in happiness, smiling wide at (f/n). "Okay, you got me - how can I be mad when this pizza is so much better than anything you've cooked for me."

(f/n) fake gasped, because yeah she was a bad cook, but Tooru was supposed to be a good boyfriend and act like she was a good cook, and it offended her a bit that he wasn't pretending. "Rude!" (f/n) exclaimed. Upon hearing his owner freaking out, the cat came running into the kitchen and rubbed up against (f/n)'s legs, trying to calm her. "Did you hear that, Thorin?" (f/n) asks the cat, leaning down to pick him up. He was purring, rubbing his face against (f/n)'s in show of affection. "Your meanie father says that I'm a bad cook." If the cat understood what she was saying he would probably agree, but (f/n) was pretending to be dramatic for a moment, for fun, and it had Tooru laughing so that's all that mattered.

"Ahh, you know you love me, (f/n)," Tooru said, cheeky smile on his face. He looked a bit funny, with some grease and cheese on his chin and lips from the pizza, and his smile wide, but (f/n) loved how he looked, all not put together.

"Honestly Tooru, I would sell you to satan for like, one corn chip." Tooru gasped, it now being his turned to act dramatic. "Hell, even if the corn chip was super stale I would sell you to satan."

Tooru frowned pizza in his hand dropping down to match his mood. "Now you're being rude, (f/n)."

"Well then, pretend to like my cooking. Just this once Tooru, please -" (f/n) paused, sighed, and then continued, "- lie to me."

"Okay." He set down his pizza and took a deep breath. "(f/n) your cooking is the best this apartment has ever seen, better than every pizza, better than all of my meals, better than all the takeout. Your food is what dreams are made of, and Thorin wishes you would feed him it sometimes so he knew why life was worth living." After talking Tooru got rid of the serious face and smiled wide at his girlfriend. "Okay, so now that that's done I can get back to the truth right?"

(f/n) smiled, nodded. "Yes, thank you Tooru."

"I love you so, so, so much, (f/n)."

"I love you too."

After kissing Tooru's cheek lightly they got back to their pizza in relative silence. "All jokes aside," Tooru started a few minutes later, after his third slice of pizza. "This pizza place makes some of the best pizza - we need to go there more often."

"Even if it's unhealthy?" (f/n) teases, her mouth full of her own slice of pizza.

"I can't even care anymore, not when it tastes this good, not when I'm eating it with you."

(f/n) laughed, moving to cover her mouth so Tooru couldn't see the pizza she was chewing. "That's honestly the most amazing, romantic thing you have ever said to me."   

------------------------------

cat name Thorin taken from my cat Thorin Oakenshield named after the hobbit character Thorin Oakenshield

also the reader is bad at cooking as a reflection of my own character because I suck at cooking