Akaashi Keiji || Melancholy

this is kind of super sad - it's depressed reader. when I'm sad, I write sad. just warning you guys like idk just had to write something about being stupid sad bc I am rn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days like today were the worst. 

(f/n) knew when she woke up that everything was going to be absolutely horrendous; she was stupidly tired despite how much sleep she'd received the night before, and it was then she reminded herself that the things weren't related. She wasn't sleepy - she was fucking exhausted. Tired in a sense that had nothing to do with sleep, completely drained in not only the physical way, and it sucked.

She knew today she was going to have to fight to get out of bed. Usually, she would. She would fight to get up and talk with her mother and slap a smile on her face, but today was different. Her mother was off on some stupid business trip, and she didn't have school. That meant, no responsibilities. Her fish could wait to be fed until later; they wouldn't die from having to wait until she felt less like a pile of shit, so she didn't have to worry about that.

She fought the thoughts in her mind and played some music so it wasn't so damn quiet in her room, the sad songs playlist on her phone not helping her mood, but nothing else was suitable for the moment. When the song 'One Man Drinking Games' by Mayday Parade came on she knew she was fucked; tears started streaming down her face and she was immediately sobbing, pulling her covers over her head.

She cursed herself then, for being so fucking weak. She cried and cursed herself through the next four songs, only stopping when her throat was too dry to function anymore. She sat up in bed - and congratulated herself, because damn did it take her a lot of work to just sit up - and reached over for the cup on her bedside table. She picked it up, took a rather hefty drink of it, and then moved to set it back on the table. She miscalculated where she was setting it and it fell from her hand onto the floor. She started crying again then because she couldn't even fucking put a cup on a fucking table.

Why couldn't she accomplish something so damn simple? She didn't bother picking up the glass or cleaning up the mess - she didn't want to ruin anything else. Instead, she picked up her phone and opened the text messages.

To: Keiji ^.^

I'm not gonna make it to our date tonight, think I'm getting sick. Sorry.

After sending that message she turned off her phone and let it fall onto the floor. She then wrapped herself into her ball of blankets and fell back asleep, hoping to feel less exhausted upon waking up next.

*****

It was hours later when (f/n) was woken up by noises in her room. She didn't pay it any mind; even if she wanted to she couldn't physically will herself to turn around and look at whoever it was - it was too much for her to even be awake. It was ridiculous how much pain she was in from just existing.

It was a few minutes - she wasn't really sure, just guessing - after she woke up that the figure sat itself beside her on the bed, rubbing her back softly.

"Hey, (f/n)," the voice said, and it was then she knew for sure it was her boyfriend.

She had a hunch it was him; whenever she got like this Akaashi came to her rescue, bringing along all the care and peace and comfort in the world. It never cured her - there wasn't really a way to cure depression, you just had to wait it out - but he was a damn good boyfriend in doing everything he could for her.

He moved from rubbing her back to untangling her from the blankets she'd made into a home. It didn't take too long, and once she was uncovered Akaashi smiled at her slightly. He picked up her left arm and trailed kisses from the wrist all the way up to the bicep, kissing all the scars that weren't there physically, but definitely were mentally.