Ennoshita Chikara || Advice

Ennoshita is probs out of character but I wanted to do something for him in light of the last episode. I looovveee Ennoshita

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "I need advice on how to ask somebody out."

When those words were spoke in the Karasuno volleyball club room, nobody expected them to have come out of Ennoshita's mouth. He didn't usually show much interest in anybody, and even if he did he isn't the man that would usually ask for help with it.

It took everyone a moment to register that he had in fact asked that question, and he wasn't joking at all. Then, the room seemed to be bursting with excitement. Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka were immediately in his face, asking who it was he wanted to confess to and they even offered a few - very ridiculous - methods of confession.

Once Hinata told him it would be a cool idea for him to make a fireworks display, Kageyama pulled him away, lessening the amount of attention on Ennoshita. Suga was still standing excitedly beside Daichi and Asahi near their lockers, excited for someone on the team to finally get a damn girlfriend.

Tsukishima, as usual, wasn't interested at all and continued on getting ready for practice, with Yamaguchi beside him, although Yamaguchi was watching with wide eyes, excited for his senpai. Kinoshita and Narita were stood behind Ennoshita, large smiles on their faces; they'd known about him wanting to ask out (f/n), and had even been the ones to suggest that Ennoshita talk with the team about his problems. They knew that the others wouldn't be much help, but they knew it would be funny and that's all they wanted. They'd give Ennoshita proper advice later.

Suga couldn't fight his excitement anymore and walked towards the group standing near the door, patting Ennoshita on the back. "Come, sit, Ennoshita."

The second year was shoved into a chair, and Suga smiled widely at him, ready to give him all kinds of dating advice that he somehow possessed. Ennoshita wasn't going to question it; Suga is the mom of the club, he probably has motivational speeches lined up for any sort of situation that could happen.

"So, Chikara," Nishinoya started, suddenly calm. "Tell us about this person."

Ennoshita shook his head; he didn't want to tell them who she was. If he could never build up the courage to ask her out, he didn't want them talking to her about it, about anything concerning his feelings or him at all.

"She goes to this school," he settled for, knowing he had to say something. Nishinoya groaned.

"Chikara, I mean like real information, like who is she and what does she like to do and what did she do to get you to like her so much?"

Ennoshita didn't reply, and allowed his eyes to lock with Suga's, silently asking for help. "Ennoshita doesn't have to tell us if he doesn't want to. We just need to tell him what we think is the best advice for him to ask this person out."

Thus began the time of everybody telling Ennoshita how he should ask this girl out - he hated every minute of it. Everyone gave him the most ridiculous ideas on how to woo this girl, things that would only ever work on crazy girls. Ennoshita didn't want to date a crazy girl.

"Never mind," he said, standing up from the chair. "I'll figure it out, thank you guys though."

*****

Practice was annoying for Ennoshita. He'd told Hinata and Nishinoya at least seventeen times to just forget about it, that he was going to figure it out himself, but they wouldn't leave him alone. He thought that practice ending was going to release him from the torture, but just as he was getting ready to leave the club room, Suga pulled him back. He was sat down, and in front of him were Suga and Daichi, both with small smiles on their faces.

"We're gonna give you real advice now, if you'd still like it?"

Ennoshita nodded; Suga and Daichi were two people he looked up to very much, and he was sure the two of them wouldn't give him the kind of advice that the others were.

Suga started by asking standard questions about the girl; what kind of things she was into, what her personality was like, why he was interested in her. Ennoshita answered all of the questions calmly; Suga helped Ennoshita get his thoughts together somehow, helped him understand what it was he needed to do.

"I think you should just ask her out, Ennoshita," Daichi said. Typical dad, telling his son to man up and just do it. "But like not in front of people. You said she was kind of shy so don't put her on the spot. Also, when you get a date, make sure it's just like to coffee or something. Don't bring her to your house, she'd get the wrong idea."

Ennoshita nodded, not having thought a lot about asking her in front of people; he's happy Daichi did.

"Just be yourself," Suga added, smiling at Ennoshita widely. "And never kiss anyone who doesn't make you feel good about yourself, it's not worth it. And the other way around, don't kiss anyone unless you can make them feel good about themselves, it's not right."

Ennoshita had never thought about that really, but he was going to keep it in the back of his mind for a while; he didn't even have a date yet, he had to work that out before he even worried about kissing.

"Right, thanks Suga."

*****

During lunch was when Ennoshita decided to ask her. They'd spoken before, so him asking her to have lunch with him wasn't too weird. He took her to a hallway they'd had lunch in before, a hallway a bit far off in the school, one that very few people walked through that time of day. It was secluded enough for them to have peace while they at and conversed, but not so quiet that it made either of them uncomfortable. 

The pair held light conversation as they ate, Ennoshita making (f/n) laugh more than he ever had, which made him feel unbelievably accomplished - (f/n) had always been rather uncomfortable around most people, but Ennoshita believed he brought her out of her shell. Whether that was true or not he was unsure, but he liked to believe it. 

(f/n) was just finishing up her lunch when Ennoshita said he needed to ask her a question.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" (f/n) didn't reply immediately, which made Ennoshita panic a little. "Only if you want to, don't feel obligated to say yes. I just really would like to go out with you, but only if you're comfortable."

(f/n) nodded, and Ennoshita was unsure if that meant that she wanted to date him or if she understood what he was saying. She realized this was confusing and spoke up. "I'd love to go out with you, Ennoshita," she said, which made the boy smile wide. "I was just taken back a little, I'm sorry," she added.

"Don't worry," he said to her with a nice smile. It only grew as her hand slipped into his. "Let's work out the date - does Saturday sound good? We could go get coffee."