Kyoutani Kentarou || Drawings

HELLO LOVELIES HOW ARE YOU ALL?? I'm sorry I've been gone so long - I could go on and on about why, but I'd hate to bore you with all of it. I promised myself I'd sit down and post this today, and I'm going to continue writing more for the rest of the night. 

So, I've given Nugget her meds, got her and my doggo with me, and I'm here to post this for you all. It wasn't really a request, but -ShadesOfRed- suggested more Kyoutani, and I figured that was vague enough for me to start with. 

As always, I hope you all enjoy ^.^

(also more gender neutral pronouns woohoo!) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Kyoutani had grown used to seeing them - they'd been coming into the small coffee shop for a few months now, and he didn't think much of it because there were a lot of customers that came in every day; they didn't stick out.

They came in around six every evening, order something to drink or eat, and then sat at the table in the corner, far off from the rest of the shop with a good view of the door and the counter, and they studied until the shop closed. That was also normal behavior to Kyoutani - the shop was frequented by many students, and it had secluded tables, like the one (f/n) used every time, and a certain type of atmosphere in the evenings that made it easy to focus on homework.

(If Kyoutani wasn't a worker there he'd probably come in more and study himself, but being in the shop just reminded him of annoying customers and the ache his feet felt every night after his shift.)

(f/n) only started to stick out more once they stopped bringing text books and started bringing a smaller backpack full of what Kyoutani assumed were sketchbooks, and a box of different types of drawing supplies. He only really noticed them when he felt eyes on him from across the shop and he looked over towards them to find them staring at him. They'd always flush and look back down to their sketchbook, hoping that their hair would hide them enough for Kyoutani to look away.

He didn't think much of it at first - he'd been stared at a lot for the resting look of anger on his face and his choice of wearing eyeliner to help hide the dark circles under his eyes. It wasn't new to him, the staring, and he figured that once (f/n) realized he always looked the same they'd look away.

But, they didn't.

Once he realized the stares weren't going to stop he grew self conscious, which is something Kyoutani doesn't usually do. Usually if somebody was staring at him too much or doing something to piss him off he'd confront them - ask them what it was they wanted, make sure they understood that he wasn't going to stop looking like an asshole from them staring at him so much. He couldn't do that with (f/n) for a couple of reasons.

For one, if he were to speak to any customer in a tone that wasn't the overly fake, happy one he was supposed to use he would probably be fired, and for two, he couldn't will himself to say anything to (f/n) that wasn't the words he'd practiced for the last nine months. Every time (f/n) was leaving and told him they hoped he had a good night he could only blush and nod - he couldn't reply because he was too flustered.

After a month, though, he was tired of it.

He'd seen (f/n) every night he worked, and they sat in the same corner with the same book and box of pencils, and they sat still in the same seat from the time they got there until the time the shop closed just staring at Kyoutani.

He saw (f/n) for the first time outside of his job at one of the common areas at their school, and he only noticed them because he could feel the same gaze on him that he had every other day that week. He figured this was his chance - he wasn't at work, wouldn't get in trouble for confronting (f/n) because he could talk however he wished.