Tsukishima Kei || Storms

Tsukki was requested by M1sTxL1vz -- I hope you enjoy. (also I have no excuse for why I always write fluffy Tsukki - I'd apologize BUT I'M NOT SORRY I LOVE IT SO MUCH.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(f/n) was sure Tsukishima wasn't scared of anything - he didn't like the dark all that much, since it hindered his ability to see, and he wasn't fond of most bugs becuase they were nasty and crawly and had too many legs for Tsukishima's liking, but he wasn't scared of either of those things. Sometimes he cringed away from the third years from the Tokyo schools, but (f/n) knew that was because Tsukki wanted to act annoyed with them.

Tsukishima wasn't scared of things.

So, when Yamaguchi called her one night before a thunderstorm, she was a little surprised.

"Uh, I'm sorry to bother you, (l/n), but I know he won't tell you himself, and I don't want him to be alone tonight. Tsukki is very scared of storms, and usually I'm there to help him but my mom won't let me leave the house until I finish this assignment for class."

"Should I go there? Won't he be mad that you told me?"

Yamaguchi laughed awkwardly. "He will probably be mad in the morning after the storm, but tonight he won't be mad at anything but himself for being scared. I know that deep down he'll appreciate you being there."

(f/n) agreed to go, and after talking to her mom (she told the woman that she had a surprise study session with both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi) she got dressed, grabbed an umbrella, and then headed out to Tsukki's house.

*****

Tsukki's mother was absolutely ecstatic to see (f/n) coming to the house - she'd never expected her son to get a girlfriend during high school, especially not one so caring and pretty and smart. But the beginning of his second year he brought (f/n) home, and she'd been around ever since.

"Yamaguchi called me and told me that Tsukki is very scared of storms - he hadn't told me, so he might be a little upset when he sees me."

Tsukishima-San laughed and ushered the girl into the home. "He's in his room," she said, a large smile on his face. "He'll be relieved to see you once the storm starts - he doesn't let me comfort him anymore, or I would."

(f/n) accepted the plate of snacks Tsukishima-San was offering and then walked up the stairs to Tsukki's room. The door was closed, and she knocked on it a couple of times so that she wouldn't break any rules of privacy. There wasn't a reply, so she opened the door at the same time as she knocked, and she did it slowly so Tsukki could tell her to go if he wanted.

The blonde was curled up on the bed, his back to the door, headphones over his ears, and his face in a pillow.

(f/n) frowned, and she set the plate of snacks down before moving towards the bed slowly. When she was next to the bed she touched his shoulder, which startled him more than it should have. When he saw it was (f/n) a large frown etched his face, and he moved his headphones down. "Why are you here?"

(f/n) smiled, not letting his attitude scare her. "Yamaguchi called me an-"

"I'm going to kill him."

(f/n) frowned again. "He's just looking out for you, Tsukki. You're his best friend, and he was going to come over but he couldn't."

"Why not?"

"His mom wouldn't let him because of some important assignment."

Tsukishima's frown grew even more. "We don't have any important assignments right now - he tricked you, (f/n)."

The girl smiled and patted her boyfriends head. "He doesn't have to trick me for me to come over, though. You could have just asked, and I would have come over immediately."

Tsukki rolled his eyes. "It's not a big deal, I'm not even that scared of them anymore."

"Well," (f/n) started, moving to sit on his bed with him, "I'm going to stay here because I just walked all the way here, and you're going to hang out with me and love it."

Tsukki didn't reply with words, but he did move over on the bed for (f/n) to join him. They talked lightly, mostly about how Nishinoya and Tanaka and the other third years were graduating soon, and how Tsukki was going to take on the role of vice captain, and how Yamaguchi was going to be the captain. Tsukki had allowed himself to express his pride for Yamaguchi a few days ago at practice, something that (f/n) loved to see because she knew how great of a friend Tsukki was, and Yamaguchi knew too, but everyone else only saw salty ass Tsukki, but they saw something new that day.

After that they turned to talking randomly, poking fun at each other and talking about new songs they'd been listening to. It had started to rain outside, and when the sprinkling turned into giant drops hammering against the window Tsukki reached out and grabbed (f/n)'s hand. He wasn't usually the first to search for a hand to hold, but (f/n) didn't mention it, just gave his hand a small squeeze and continued talking about the new album from one of her favorite artists.

They were about half an hour into the talking and the hand holding and the rain when the thunder started, and (f/n) didn't miss the way Tsukki cringed when he heard it. (f/n) again didn't mention it - she scooted a little closer to him and continued talking.

At some point the thunder grew too loud for Tsukki to ignore it, and he was pulling (f/n) closer and burying his face in her neck. (f/n) moved a little to grab Tsukki's phone, and she pulled out his headphone jack in order to replace it with the dual headphone jack she and Tsukki used whenever they were together. Once it was plugged in she plugged Tsukki's headphones into one end and her own into the other.

Tsukki moved his arms from her waist for only a few seconds to put the headphones on and then wrapped (f/n) back up in them.

She played the playlist Tsukki always played when she wasn't feeling good, and then wrapped her own arms around Tsukki's body.

It was quiet then - Tsukki couldn't hear anything through the headphones, through the soft sounds of his favorites songs. (f/n) was there, curled up under his blanket with him, and his eyes were closed. He couldn't see the storm, couldn't feel the storm, couldn't hear it. He wasn't scared - he was safe and happy and warm.

"Thank you," he mumbled, even though he was sure (f/n) couldn't hear him. She could feel his mouth moving against her neck, and she smiled.

"You're welcome," she mumbled back.

They fell asleep then, curled up together, shielded from the storm.

bonus thing:

Tsukki's mom walked in a few hours later, (f/n)'s worried mother on the phone, and smiled wide at what she saw.

"Oh they're asleep," she said quietly into the phone. She smiled wide then, "yes, they're safe, I'll keep an eye on them tonight. (l/n), I'm definitely going to go get my camera and take some pictures - of course I'll send them to you!"

After hanging up Tsukishima-San did as she had promised - she walked to the living room, grabbed her camera, and took at least twenty pictures of the sleeping couple.

Safe to say the two were teased greatly from then on for the photo evidence of Tsukki being cuddly.

------------------------------

this is like so unedited - like not even glanced over - but I wanted to update before I go to town - MY SISTER IS GRADUATING TOMORROW AND I GOTTA BUY HER A GIFT.

I'll totally look over this when I get home, and I'll try - TRY - to update again tonight but it's already pretty late so we'll see.

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING GOOD YAY.