Kuroo Tetsurou || Dependent

No excuse this time I'm just a piece of shit xD I'm sorry, I wish I could have more motivation or time to write, and I'm also sorry that this isn't a request, I just was stuck, and I love Kuroo so much and he is easy af for me to write so here it is, the first update in over a month, and the one character that I write probably far too much xD

Hope you're all doing well <33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 (f/n) wasn't usually all that emotional; yeah, she cried every once in a while like any normal human being, but she didn't like showing negative emotion out in public where people could see her, and she definitely didn't like it when people knew everything about why she was feeling poorly. So, she kept it all in and only vented to few people in a healthy manner.

But that day, it was a different story.

She had gotten very little sleep, woken up later than she was supposed to, had to skip out on breakfast, and then worked for eleven hours with only a half an hour break for lunch. Plus, she'd been alone for almost an entire week now in the home she usually shared with her boyfriend, and it was incredibly lonely. So yeah, sue her for getting a little emotional on the bus ride home when she saw the text she had most recently received from Tetsu.

from Tetsu ^.^: I hope you're having a good day! I'm on my way home right now, and I should be back by the time you fall asleep tonight, so be prepared for some radical cuddles ^.^

(f/n) chuckled, a chuckle that was a little wet and gross because yeah she was close to crying, but she was lonely and sad and Tetsurou was going to be home tonight. (f/n) tried her hardest to ignore the glances and whispers of the elderly couple on the train bench across from her and instead messaged Tetsurou back, telling him that she was excited to see him and apologizing early just in case she cried when she saw him because she was sure she was going to. He sent her an array of heart and kissing emojis in response, and (f/n) couldn't hold back the small chuckle sob that escaped her.

No tears fell , but when the elderly couple leaned over and asked her if she was okay, she was close to letting it all loose. "Uhh yeah," she said, chuckling afterwards. "Just a long day, and my boyfriend is on some dumb business trip and has been gone for a week and - I just really cannot relax at all."

The elderly couple nodded, told her to go home and drink a glass of wine to help her relax a little, and that honestly sounded like the best idea she'd heard all day. So, with a thanks to the elderly couple, (f/n) got off at her stop and headed towards she and Tetsu's favorite food place. She'd already placed her order for takeout, so it was a rather fast processing of paying and receiving the order, and she said goodbye to the workers that knew her by name before she left and walked the few minute walk to she and Tetsu's apartment.

When she arrived it was as empty as it had been the last week, and she flicked on the light in the entry of their home as she slowly pealed off her jacket and hung it up, taking her feet out of her shoes before walking further into their small home. She took the first left into the kitchen and set the food down on the counter before reaching for her phone to turn on some music, because the quiet was going to drive her insane if it went on much longer.

After she had she and Tetsurou's favorite joint playlist playing she took her food from the takeout bag and set the rest in the fridge for when Tetsu got home, and after she poured herself a glass of wine she made her way to the couch. Then it was a lot of waiting and eating - she got into her browsing position and scrolled through tumblr for as long as it held her attention, but she was feeling restless, so after about half an hour she was up and moving, tidying the house despite the fact that she'd done the same thing yesterday when she couldn't sit still.

Wine usually did help relax her, but right now she was so anxious about Tetsurou's return that she couldn't relax at all. She just wanted him home so that she wasn't alone because being alone sucked, and the quiet was actually killing her and her day was shit and she just needed Tetsurou to be home. She was annoyed with how dependent she was feeling right now, but she couldn't help it. If they had a pet it would be different, because then there would be something, even if it wasn't a human, but they'd talked it over and agreed that an animal wouldn't get the love and attention it deserves in their house with how busy they both were, and (f/n) didn't want to give any animal a half a household.

She was wrapped up in those thoughts - the ones about having no animal and nobody in general because she was emotional, and that meant being overdramatic - when the door opened and Tetsurou walked in, so she didn't even notice. She only noticed when he came up behind her, wrapped her in a hug, and chuckled at her being startled.

"You're tense - relax."

(f/n) huffed. "Says the one that just scared the shit out of me," she said with an annoyed tone, but Tetsurou wasn't fooled. The smile on her face was enough to give away all of her positive emotions, and the way she turned around and hugged him as tightly as she could definitely wasn't hiding anything either. But Tetsurou didn't point it out, because he knew she had a hard day, and he didn't want to tease her too much just in case she was feeling a little too sensitive at that time.

They hugged for a while, Tetsurou's arms keeping (f/n) tight against him, safe, and although they weren't making any noise, the silence wasn't suffocating anymore, wasn't driving (f/n) crazy anymore. Tetsurou pulled back and kissed (f/n) softly before moving to pull off his coat. "You ready for bed?"

(f/n) frowned. "Are you not hungry? I brought you home food."

"Kou and I went out to eat on our way home - lord knows that Kou can't go more than three hours without eating. So don't worry, let's just got to bed now, we've both had long days."

Before (f/n) could protest Tetsurou was picking her up and carrying her towards their bedroom maneuvering his way around all of the furniture a little clumsily. He kept pretending to drop (f/n), to try and get her in a bit of a better mood, and it worked for the most part.

"Tetsu," she says after he'd gotten fairly close to actually dropping her. "You better not drop me."

"Don't worry (f/n)," he said, smiling dopey at her. "I won't let you fall."

The cliche made her laugh, but the laugh was cut off when her head hit the doorway to their bedroom. "Oww," she mumbled, hand going to the back of her head. Tetsurou seemed worried but (f/n) just started laughing again. "Leave it to you to fuck up such a serene moment by smacking my head against a wall."

Tetsurou smiled, all lopsided and genuine, "I know just what to do to make you feel better." He set her down on the bed, and then leaned down to kiss the back of her head where it had hit the wall. "I'm sorry though, I really didn't mean to do that. Does it hurt to bad? Need any medicine?"

"I'm fine, really," (f/n) said, smiling a true smile for the first time all day. "Just hurry up and change so that we can cuddle and sleep please - I'm feeling awfully needy."

Tetsurou laughed but nodded, changing out of his business clothes into his ratty sleep shirt before he crawled into bed beside his girlfriend. They got comfortable, (f/n)'s face pressed into his chest, hands clinging to his shirt to keep him close. After a few moments of silence, a few moments of his fingers running through (f/n)'s hair, before he spoke. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you through your tough day." His voice was extremely sincere as it always was when he said something like that to (f/n) and she burrowed a little closer to him for the warmth.

"Not your fault - besides, I feel perfect now that you're here. Like I could take on the world. (l/n) (f/n) vs. the world. Send me all of your evil exes, Tetsu, I'll slay them all."

Tetsurou chuckled at his girlfriend's sleepy ramblings and kissed her forehead over and over again, trying to make up for the lack of kisses over the last week. "Sleep now - tomorrow will be great, I promise to use tomorrow to make up for today. We can do whatever you want."

"Sleep all day," she mumbled, giving in to sleep slowly.

The male hummed. "If that's what you wish."