Bokuto Koutarou || Puns

pretty short but not too bad -- was a request by geekiemire -- I hope you enjoy ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(f/n) wasn't sure how it had started - one minute she was telling Bokuto about this guy that had come into work today spouting out stupid puns, and the next minute she and Bokuto were having a pun war, trying to out pun one another. Bokuto was good, (f/n) would give him that - he was definitely more witty than anyone ever gave him credit for, and his puns were top-notch funny as all hell.

"Hey (f/n)," he started a few minutes after (f/n) had told her last pun. "When I get naked in the bathroom, the shower usually gets turned on."

(f/n) laughed at that, and decided to play off of the bathroom theme. "Thieves broke into my house and the only things they left were my soap, shower gel, towels, and deodorant - they're dirty bastards."

Bokuto laughed loudly at that and gave (f/n) a congratulatory pat on the back. They continued on like this for the rest of the day, spouting out puns at random times when they thought of them. They were getting ready for bed when Bokuto decided to end it for the day.

"I wasn't originally going to get a brain transplant, but then I changed me mind," he said around a mouthful of toothpaste. (f/n) decided to end it for real after rinsing out her mouth.

"I must be emotionally constipated - I haven't given a shit in days."

Bokuto laughed at that and brought (f/n) in for a kiss. "You win today."

*****

The next day they were getting ready to go meet Kuroo, Kenma, and Akaashi to have some 'bro time' and (f/n) threw out another pun immediately. "I can't believe I got fired from the calendar factory - all I did was take a day off!"

Bokuto had a few up his sleeve too, and after he said "Having sex in an elevator is wrong on so many levels." they were back into the swing of the pun war.

It continued on as they got ready for the day and on their way to the small hang out place where their friends were waiting for them. They all groaned when they heard (f/n) say a pun, and Kenma took out his phone immediately.

"No pun wars," Kuroo said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Last time you guys tried to out joke each other it was a week of hell, and (f/n) cried when she lost. We're not going there again, stop."

Instead of listening, Bokuto said another pun. "Did you hear about the guy who got hit by a can of soda? He's lucky it was a soft drink!"

(f/n) laughed and sat down beside him on the small bench.

"(f/n)-" Kuroo said as a warning, his voice stern, but the girl spoke anyways.

"I'm glad I know sign language - it's pretty handy."

Kuroo slammed his head against the table and groaned. Akaashi rolled his eyes and scoffed. Kenma looked up from his game for a moment to glare at the couple before getting back to his game.

Bokuto wrapped an arm around (f/n) and whispered to her. "How can you spot the blind guy at the nudist colony?" He paused for effect. "It's not hard."

(f/n) broke out in laughter, and even Kuroo had to stifle a giggle at that one, his hand coming up to clamp over his mouth.

(f/n) moved to whisper into Bokuto's ear next. "I'm no photographer, but I can picture us together."

Bokuto's hand rested on his chest, a look of awe on his face. "Babe," he said, a smile on his face. "That was so cute." He pulled her closer and smiled into her hair. "You win the pun war for being the cutest, kindest girlfriend ever."

(f/n) cheered loudly. "Yes, Koutarou, thank you!" she exclaimed, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Right so you guys are done now? We can get back to bro time?"

(f/n) and Bokuto pulled away from their kiss and both nodded enthusiastically, and then bro time commenced.

The next week they started a meme war, and the week after that a war with puns that were solely animal based, and then they had a prank war. (f/n)'s relationship with Bokuto was never boring - they were always challenging each other, but never to a poing where it was too much. It was fun and entertaining, and they were never going to tire of it.

------------------------------

First update of the day!

I just noticed that this book has hit over 1K votes and I'm so, so thankful for that you guys. I'm happy you all really like what you're reading - votes or not I'm happy you're here ^.^

Hope you're all having a good morning/day/night! ^.^