Moniwa Kaname || Softy

Moniwa was requested by EternalBlizzard -- I hope you enjoy. I'm sorry it's late I've just had no motivation to do anything at all????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moniwa wasn't a softy - yeah, he didn't like to yell at his teammates when they were misbehaving, and he often stopped while walking down the street to pet animals he found, and he could never, ever hold back an 'awe' when he saw videos of two different animals being friends, and he really, really didn't like scary movies. But, he wasn't a softy, and he was ready to prove it.

"Just one?" he asked in a faux-steady voice, trying to sound more brave than he actually felt.

"Just one, and then I'll stop calling you a softy," (f/n) promised, holding out her pinky. Moniwa nodded an agreement and then reached out to latch his pinky into her's, but she moved it away just in time. "But I get to choose the movie. And you've gotta make it through the entire thing without hiding your face or trying to hold onto me."

Moniwa thought for a minute before voicing his own propositions. "I get to scream though, right?"

(f/n) smiled wickedly. "Of course - scary movies were made to be screamed at, Moniwa."

*****

That weekend they got together at (f/n)'s house to watch the scary movie she had picked out. It was one Moniwa had heard of before, but he didn't know anything about it - whenever trailers for scary movies came on he would change the channel on the tv or mute his phone until the ad was over. He wasn't interested in seeing them because he knew that just a glimpse at the trailers would leave him with nightmares for weeks.

But he had to do this now to prove it to (f/n), to everyone - he needed to prove that he wasn't a softy.

"Put in the movie, let's get this over with," he mumbled, making his way to the girl's couch.

He'd been on the couch many times before - (f/n) was the manager of the volleyball team, and she had the boys all over many times for bonding dinners and small parties just for fun. Plus, he had been over more since he and (f/n) had made the transition from being just friends to being an awkward couple, and while they'd never done more than hold hands with each other and kiss a few times, they always seemed to be on that couch.

However he had never been at the home alone with just (f/n) in the way they were now, and that was somehow more scary to him than the move they were going to watch seemed. He'd been alone with her before many times, but this was different - they were alone together on her couch, in the dark, under the same blanket.

Thankfully Moniwa didn't have a lot of time to overthink that part of the situation because (f/n) was starting the movie and turning off the rest of the lights.

It started off like most scary movies - confusing plot, a few mysterious concepts but nothing too scary. It made Moniwa feel good - he had never seen a scary movie, so he didn't know what to expect. He figured that he was just more brave than he had first thought, and he was sure he could make it through no problem.

Five minutes after he started feeling good about this experience the first really scary part happened, and he screamed like a child.

(f/n) - who had seen the movie many times before and was waiting for this part to watch Moniwa react - was laughing her ass off. "Oh god Moniwa," the girl managed to get out in between bouts of laughter. "You're killing me!"

The boy's cheeks tinged a dark color, and he was suddenly thankful for the darkness of the room - (f/n) loved making Moniwa flustered, and if she could see how red his face was right now he would be in for a world of even more teasing.

He made it a half an hour further into the movie - jumping at the obvious scares, screaming whenever the screen moved, even if something scary didn't happen - before he was sat in (f/n)'s lap, his face buried in her neck. "Okay, I'm a softy, I'm such a softy (f/n) just please, please turn it off."

The girl laughed but did as her boyfriend asked and turned off the movie. They sat in the dark together, and every time something even sounded like it was moving Moniwa would bury his face further into (f/n)'s neck.

(f/n) had Moniwa move so that she could turn on the light and put in a not so scary movie (Moniwa chose Tangled, because it was his favorite Disney movie,) and then he was sitting in her lap again, trying to hide away from all of the possible bad in the room. He relaxed more and more the further they got into the movie, and he was soon laid back against the couch, (f/n) still in his arms for comfort but he wasn't squeezing the life out of her anymore.

(f/n) had him look at her after he was finished singing along to "I've Got A Dream," and she couldn't fight the stupid smile on her face. "I really like that you're a softy," she said matter of factly, and Moniwa was looking away then because he couldn't ever accept compliments, especially when (f/n) was looking at him like he was the most precious thing in the world. "I mean it - I like that you are scared of scary movies, and I really like it when you send me cute videos of animals. It's who you are, Moniwa, and I think that's so cool and cute."

The boy buried his face in her neck again, this time more flustered than he was scared, and (f/n) was laughing again. "You're honestly so cute it should be illegal."

"(f/-"

"Like Moniwa, you're cuter than all of those animals you send me pictures o-"

"(f/n-"

"It really should be ille-"

(f/n) stopped talking when Moniwa's lips met hers. It was a short kiss, like the other ones they'd shared, but it was so spontaneous and sudden that (f/n) was more surprised than she usually would have been - especially since Moniwa had been the one to kiss her first.

"Maybe you aren't a softy," (f/n) said with a smile once they'd pulled away. "You're feeling pretty brave now, huh? I'm thinking it was the movie - we should watch another one so you're brave enough to be a more assertive captain."

Moniwa paled at the thought of watching another movie that could make him as scared as he already was. "I was actually thinking we could watch Ponyo next," he said quietly.

(f/n) smiled at him and nodded. "Ponyo it is, you cutie."

------------------------------

I'm sorry if this is bad I'm just so ugh rn and I don't know how to portray this bro so like, I hope you enjoy I'll update later today/tomorrow hopefully