Akaashi Keiji/Tsukishima Kei || Pride

Requested by panda-sempai -- I really hope you enjoy! I'm sorry it's a little short, but I was really in the mood to write and managed to construct three whole one-shots. They're a little short compared to my usual work, but I'm proud of myself anyways ^.^

I hope you all enjoy ^.^ (also this is actually revised WHO AM I???)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 When (f/n) showed up to the gym she knew she really shouldn't have been surprised. Since Akaashi had become the captain of Fukurodani, and Tsukki the renowned, single-man wall of Karasuno, they'd been practicing together a lot, inviting other people so that Akaashi could practice his sets and Tsukki could practice his blocks. Akaashi was even willing to give tips, and the tall blonde accepted any and all advice his boyfriend had to give him, even if he seemed unhappy about to be receiving it.

So Akaashi setting to Hinata, Tsukki blocking the spike, Hinata pouting - this had become the norm when they had their training camps together. She was used to seeing it, happy to see it when she walked in, her hands on her hips and a smile on her face. "I'm happy to see you're all still practicing," she said, all attention turning towards her, "but if you don't get to the cafeteria right now, Noya and Onaga are going to eat all of the food."

Hinata and Kageyama - who had mostly just been observing Akaashi's technique - ran out of the gym and towards the cafeteria without a second thought, leaving two trails of dust behind them. Lev thanked (f/n) for informing them and then walked out with Kenma, talking animatedly about something Kenma really didn't care about, but he pretended to listen anyways.

Tsukishima and Akaashi took their time, depositing the volleyballs into the cart and handing each other their water bottles. "Come on, you two need more food if you want to keep up with all of the other extremely talented losers here," she said, her smile wide. She cast her eyes down to Tsukishima's hands, where the fingers on his left hand were messing with his right hand's pinky finger, the one he'd fucked up last year. "You'll tell us if it starts hurting, right?" she asked. She didn't want to guilt him, make him feel like he had to tell them every small discomfort he had, but this was important, and she wanted him to know he could, if he ever felt he had to.

Tsukki's eyes moved from (f/n) to Akaashi, who was watching him carefully, a little worried, before he blushed before looking down. "Yeah, you'll be the first two to know." A large smile crossed (f/n)'s face and she put both of her thumbs up.

"Good! That was a really nice play - Akaashi, your set to Hinata was amazing, and Tsukki, your form for your blocks is getting really stable, I'm proud."

Both boys blushed at their girlfriend's compliments, and she giggled before grabbing each other their hands. "Come on, before you guys miss dinner for real."

*****

(f/n) wasn't entirely sure what they were doing relationship wise - it was all of them together, a mess of sorts but something nice, where they held hands and kissed and encouraged each other. They called each other boyfriend and girlfriend, and when asked by their closest friends just what 'it' (the relationship) was they used the world polyamory, but they were young, and having fun, and as long as nobody was getting hurt, (f/n) wasn't all that worried about using labels - and neither were the others.

They didn't see each other much - well, they didn't see Akaashi much. (f/n) went to Karasuno with Tsukki, and was the manager of the volleyball team alongside Yachi, so she and Tsukishima saw a lot of each other. So they cherished the little bit of time they got to spend with Akaashi at these training camps, sneaking off to the hill together to rest and look at the stars. It was unbelievably calming, and something that they all should have been bored of, but they went out every night of the week, and (f/n) pointed out certain stars and told them about constellations, and Akaashi told them the stories Bokuto and Kuroo had been telling him since they left for Uni and Tsukki talked about the new bands he'd discovered. They listened to each other's stories and gave the feedback they knew the other's craved, and it was good - healthy. They were all happy, smiling and giggling and laughing under the stars together - they were happy.

*****

She liked watching their teams play against each other the most. They certainly didn't have to - and they knew that - but they were always trying to impress her, to impress each other, to gain the attention and praise and just be good. (f/n) was sure it was subconscious on Akaashi's part - he was good, and he knew that, but Tsukki wanted them both to look at him, to see that he was good at what he was doing, that he was trying, and Akaashi wanted to push him as hard as he could.

When they played together they were relaxed, paced, but when they played against each other they wanted to win, and it showed completely in the way Tsukki played. He was encouraging his teammates more, picking on them because he knew that they could do better, and all it took was a few mean words from him to get them in top shape. He struck all the chords he could with Kageyama and Hinata, forcing them to do better so that they could all be better, the entire team rising up together to be the team on the other side of the net - and this time it was Akaashi's team. 

Mostly, though, (f/n) liked their reactions when the other did well.

When Akaashi executed a play well or got a point with a dump shot, Tsukki was always in awe - eyes wide, mouth open, absolutely in awe, even though it wasn't that surprising - Akaashi was incredibly good. And when Tsukki managed to shut down a seemingly impossible spike, or get a point with a spike of his own, Akaashi's lips would tilt up in a small smile and he would give Tsukishima the smallest hint of a thumbs up before turning away and pep talking his team.

No matter what team has won they would shake hands and smile fondly, they would congratulate each other on what they'd done right, critiquing what the other could have done better on.

And in the end they both stood in front of her, looking for something, and she would smile wide at them. "You both have a lot of room left to grow, but you did great." Kei raised his eyebrows, because that's what (f/n) said in every situation, but she smiled wide at him anyways. "I mean it, you've both done your best, and I'm extremely proud."

The boys shared a glance and then nodded before they both surged forward and hugged the girl.

"We're proud of you too."