Kuroo Tetsurou || Love

"I think we should break up."

Kuroo turned around upon hearing those words, a dumbfounded look on his face. In the door of the kitchen stood (f/n), a frown on her face and a sad look in her eyes. Kuroo set down the food he had been preparing and turned his entire body to face his girlfriend. Well, maybe girlfriend?

"What?" he asked, unsure if he heard her right.

"I said I think we should break up, Kuroo."

The sound of his surname out of her mouth felt like a stab to his heart, and his mind started racing.

He decided he should of expected this. Over the last two weeks, (f/n) had been distant. Calling less, texting less, not staying at his home as she usually would. She'd practically been ignoring him the last few days, ditching him because she was too busy or because she was too tired. So, he shouldn't be this surprised, but he was.

"Can you at least tell me why? I don't want one of the greatest relationships I've ever had to go away without me knowing what I've done wrong."

(f/n) looked down at her hands, not able to look Kuroo in the eyes. "It's nothing you did," she told him quietly, and that made him scoff.

"Then what the hell are you throwing away six months of amazing chemistry for?" His voice came out a little more angry than he'd hoped for, but he wasn't going to let that stop him; he was angry, he was mad. He always became angry before he'd let himself be sad, and being angry was totally justified in this situation.

(f/n) didn't reply, she just kept her eyes down at her socked feet on the kitchen floor, hoping that this would just end soon.

"This is why you've been ignoring me? You've been acting strange for two weeks, why didn't you just break up with me then?" Again, (f/n) didn't reply. She stood there, rather pathetically, fighting off the tears in her eyes. "You made me think that I was doing something wrong, but I've done nothing but be the kindest, most supportive boyfriend you could ask for." He was quiet for a moment and allowed a laugh to escape his mouth. A laugh voice of any mirth or humor.

"People warned me about this. They told me that you couldn't stay in a relationship for more than a few months. They said you just broke up with people with no reason, just because you were getting bored. When we made it past four months, people congratulated me on keeping your for so long. I should of listened to them - I'm so stupid for not listening to them."

(f/n) couldn't help it then, and she started crying. Kuroo wanted to hold her right then, hold her while she was crying, but he couldn't; she didn't deserve to be crying right now, not when she was the one who was breaking up with him.

"Shouldn't I be the one crying? You are the one breaking my heart, you shouldn't be crying."

The girl just started crying even harder, her shaky hands raising to wipe the tears off of her cheeks. "I read," she started, trying to even out her breaths and talk normally. "When I was younger I read that the chemicals that cause our brain to feel love only last a maximum of three years." Kuroo looked at her confused, wondering why the hell she was saying this. "The minimum life span of the chemicals is eight months."

Kuroo stood there and waited for her to continue talking, wanting to know where the hell she was going with this. "But then what, Tetsurou? When the chemicals are over, will I stop thinking about you? Will I hurt you? Or will you stop thinking about me and hurt me? You're going to wake up one day, Tetsu, and the chemicals in your brain aren't going to make you love me anymore, and you're going to want to leave me.

"I stayed with you longer than the other boys because you made me forget that this love is just chemicals, made me totally forget that chemicals don't last forever. Two weeks ago, when I started acting distant, I had this horrible nightmare, that your brain chemicals got tired of me, and you left me for someone new, someone that your chemicals had yet to obsess over."

Kuroo allowed his angry demeanor to fade away, and he started to understand some of the girl's behavior; when he brought up the future, she would just force a smile and agree with what he said. He had told her once before that he loves her, and she told him that while she liked him very much shed wasn't ready to say that word. They were both young adults living with very little money, but she hadn't shown any signs of wanting to move in with him.

"I'm just so scared that you're going to stop loving me one day, Tetsurou."

Kuroo stepped forward and let out a shaky breath. "You idiot," he said, bringing his hands to her face to wipe away the tears. "That's what love is about. It's about taking the risks, it's about being sad sometimes. If you were happy all the time you wouldn't appreciate it." He lifted her head so that he could look into her eyes. "I cannot promise you that someday I won't hurt you; maybe one day we will grow tired of each other, or grow out of these feelings because the chemicals in our brain are going to die, but right now, (f/n), right now all I want in this stupid world is to be with you."

They were quiet for a few minutes, only the sounds of (f/n) sniffling echoing throughout the small kitchen. Once she was finished crying Kuroo smiled at her.

"Look at us," he said to her, and she looked down to her hands latched onto his shirt and then back up to his face. "We're a hot mess."

"I'm sorry," (f/n) said, a few tears forming in her eyes again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sor-"

"It's okay. I understand why, but just talk to me next time, okay? This was a very stressful way to start our six month anniversary."

(f/n) pulled his face until it was right in front of her own, and kissed him lightly. "I love you."

"I love you too," Kuroo said, not missing a beat. "I was making us anniversary dinner, you wanna help?"

(f/n) kissed Kuroo again before replying. "That sounds great." 

------------------------------

I'm finally home again yas 

I really love Kuroo like too much to handle he'd be the best boyfriend somebody cry with me