Hanamaki Takahiro || Party Hard

WOW TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED?? I know like four months ago probably I'm sorry I'm tryinnggg so hard. Makki was requested by Katie_Kuwarii -- I hope you enjoy! ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Whenever people asked her how she ended up with Hanamaki, (f/n) was never really sure what to say. She didn't remember much of the night she met Hanamaki, because she had been extremely tired, and she was a little annoyed, but she remembered the important parts. Hanamaki, on the other hand, had been so drunk he didn't remember anything. Not the party, not (f/n) pounding on his dorm room door, not anything after that.

So, when she was meeting some of Hanamaki's high school friends for the first time and they asked how (f/n) and Hanamaki had met, it was up to (f/n) to tell the story.

"It's a hell of a story," she warned, but that just seemed to make the two men perk up more.

"Oh, now we have to hear it," Oikawa said, leaning forward. And though he was trying to hide how interested he was, Iwaizumi leaned forward a bit too.

"Okay, let me set the scene," (f/n) said, and she smiled over at Hanakami mischievously. "He was hammered, I was studying, and our dorms were right next to each other's." Oikawa made an 'ooo' sound before the story continued.

*****

As (f/n) said, she had been studying. With an important test early in the morning, she had no other choice. She was rereading over all of the topics in her textbook, writing down the points she was having a hard time remembering, and then rereading those again and again until she had the facts remembered.

The pounding of the bass from her neighbor's house was matching the pounding in her head, but she pushed that noise to the back of her head and focused as hard as she could on studying. She found herself slipping time and time again over the next half an hour though, and she started humming along to the songs playing through her neighbor's stereo despite her self control.

She tried to clear her mind, do the mind games that she usually did to block out the parties that always happened on the floor, but this one was right next door and it was loud.

Now, (f/n) didn't like being a bitch. Well sometimes she did, but she didn't like being a bitch when stressed out college students were just trying to have a bit of fun. She, however, was a stressed out college student that wasn't allowed to have fun, and that made her rather salty about the fact that they were all enjoying their night while she was stuck studying.

So, despite the part of her that didn't want to be a party pooper, (f/n) slowly got up, put on her shoes, and walked out of her dorm to the door next to hers. The door to the room was open so (f/n) welcomed herself in and tried to find the guy she'd been living next to for almost an entire year but hadn't talked to.

She found him standing next to some volleyball players on his team, and she walked up to them quickly, the loud music hurting her head more than it had already been hurting. When she made it to the host of the party she tapped his shoulder lightly and he turned to her, smiling when he saw her.

"Hey, (l/n), you came to the party! When Mattsun told me you were gonna be busy studying I was pretty bummed."

(f/n) was confused at that statement, because they've only ever spoken when one of them was out of beer or ramen, but she didn't question it. "I'm actually just here to ask you if you can please turn down the music or something? I hate to be a downer or a bitch or a party pooper, but I'm trying to study, and I can't concentrate with the music and -" (f/n) stopped when she saw the face Hanamaki was making, a little concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I just -" Hanamaki was cut off with a gag, and then he was puking all over (f/n)'s shoes. After that is what (f/n) doesn't really remember.

She knows that Mattsun came over and apologized profusely, she knows that somebody had taken her shoes off and helped her clean her feet, and then she was asleep in bed.

The next morning she woke up and went to take her test, and she felt pretty good about it despite the lack of studying that got done after visiting the party, and then she was heading back to her dorm in hopes of getting the stench out of her shoes.

When she made it to the dorm Hanamaki was standing in front of the door, looking a little let down and in pain. "Hanamaki, right?" she asked, and he turned around to see her, a large smile spreading on his face.

"Yeah, and you're (l/n)." (f/n) nodded, and they stood in awkward silence for about thirty seconds before Hanamaki was speaking again. "Umm, so, I don't really remember last night, but Mattsun told me a lot of what happened and I'm super embarrassed, so I decided I'd come and apologize, and hope to make it up to you somehow."

(f/n) waved her hand, a small smile crossing her face. "Nah, you were very drunk, and I was being a little bit of a bitch anyways, so I'm not all that mad. As long as the terrible stench comes out of my shoes I'll be fine."

Hanamaki smiled wide at her. "I'm happy you forgive me, but I would still like to make it up to you - I scraped my knees up pretty bad last night when I fell for you, and I decided that making a fool out of myself like that to get your attention would only pay off if I actually got a date out of it." (f/n) raised her eyebrows and stifled her laugh. "Of course I understand if you're not interested, because I'm just a weird dude that puked on your shoes, but I've been wanting to ask you out for a few weeks, and I would hate for last night to be your lasting impression of me."

(f/n) let herself laugh, but before Hanamaki could be discouraged she nodded. "I don't know why, but I'd love to go out with you. I'm in desperate need of a nap, so how about you come back later and we can go out for coffee or something?"

Hanamaki smiled wide and nodded. "I'm looking forward to it - you better be prepared for the date of your life, (l/n)."

The girl smiled back at him. "As long as you don't puke anymore, I'm sure it will be fantastic."

*****

Hanamaki was smiling wide once (f/n) finished the story. Oikawa was laughing his ass off and Iwaizumi was looking at Hanamaki like he couldn't believe it. "You puked on (f/n) and then proceeded to ask her out with a dumbass pick up line?" Oikawa asked through his laughter.

"Yup," Hanamaki said, a little smug. "I honestly don't know how I pulled it off, but I'm glad I did."

(f/n) smiled widely at Hanamaki and leaned a little closer into him. "I don't regret any of it," she said matter of factly. She thought it over and then spoke again. "Except for you puking on my shoes - they were my favorite and they never smelt the same."

Hanamaki pulled her a little closer and kissed her cheek. "I'm sure my great personality has long since made up for me ruining your shoes," he joked, and (f/n) pinched his side with a laugh.

Oikawa, Iwaizumi, and Matsukawa made fun of the two for the rest of their time together, joking about how big of a mess the couple was, but they didn't really care. (f/n) liked their story, the unique nature of it, and she was glad that she gave the weird, drunk kid that puked in her shoes a chance, because it started the most beautiful thing she'd ever experience.