Kyoutani Kentarou || Protective

requested by Kurohyozu -- I hope you enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Kyoutani had always been treated like he was a thug of sorts - people were scared of him because he looked permanently angry, people didn't want to be friends with them because he was blunt in what he said and maybe a little too unaware of the consequences of his actions. He was an outcast of sorts because everyone was scared of him. Except for (f/n).

She was sweet and fragile and at first Kyoutani was afraid to touch her because she looked like she could break at any moment. She quickly assured him that she was strong enough to not break when he touched her or hugged her, but he was still scared. (f/n) was the sweetest girl in the world, somebody that had never judged Kyoutani for his bad attitude, and she didn't deserve any harm.

(f/n) accepted him for who he was, and he was best at showing his affection by protecting her from everything and everyone that could possibly hurt her.

So, when (f/n) said she wanted to go to Oikawa's graduation party he made sure to be cautious. (f/n) was the manager for the Seijou team, so Kyoutani knew how all of the team acted around (f/n), and he knew that nobody would ever intentionally hurt her, but he couldn't help being protective because she was important to him.

"Don't be alone with that fucking weirdo at all tonight," Kyoutani said while they were walking up to Oikawa's home. (f/n) smiled and squeezed his hand.

"I won't be alone with Oikawa all night, I promise," she said with a giggle. "I don't know why you think he's so evil," she pegged on, and Kyoutani just sent her a soft glare before knocking on the door.

It was answered by Iwaizumi, who smiled at the two second - almost third - years and allowed them into the house. "There are chips and soda in the kitchen, a game of twister going on in the dining area, some weird movie going on in the living room, and Mattsun and Makki have started up swimming in the backyard in Oikawa's nephew's kitty pool," he explained, and Kyoutani navigated (f/n) to the kitchen for them to get some chips and soda.

There were only a few non-volleyball playing people at the party, some boys and girls that were graduating with Oikawa the next day, but Kyoutani held (f/n) close to him with an arm around her shoulders, making sure to intimidate anyone that looked like they could bump into her.

They were greeted with Yahaba and Watari near the snack table, and (f/n) greeted them both with a smile and a wave. Kyoutani greeted them with a nod and a whispered hello, something (f/n) was pretty proud of.

Since their loss to Karasuno Kyoutani had been better with communicating with all of his teammates - from simple greetings to praise when they did well in practice to casual conversation, he was better at it. He'd worked at not getting so worked up or irritated when somebody did something that pissed him off. He was still a little hotheaded, but nobody expected that to vanish.

"You guys actually came," Yahaba said before eating a chip, and Kyoutani scowled at him.

"Of course we did, Iwaizumi is graduating tomorrow, we're not going to miss his party." (f/n) smiled - Kyoutani's respect and adoration for Iwaizumi was probably the cutest thing on the face of the planet.

Yahaba started talking about how it was Oikawa's party, not Iwaizumi's, and then he and Kyoutani began to bicker about Oikawa, and (f/n) managed to slip away. She grabbed a handful of chips and started a conversation with Watari, who she had grown rather close to the last two years.

Only a few minutes into the conversation did someone come walking into the kitchen distracted and bumped into (f/n), sending her a few steps forward to catch her balance. The person was immediately reaching out to help steady her, and (f/n) smiled up when she noticed it was Kindaichi with a slightly scared look on his face.