Iwaizumi Hajime || Sappy

Hello self-indulgent Iwaizumi fluff - how are you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing in the world sounded better to (f/n) than a lazy day - curl up with Iwaizumi for an entire day, watch movies, makeout, cuddle on the couch under their giant blanket, everything great. It didn't seem like that's what (f/n) was going to get, though.

She'd been stuck at a shit job for a year now, one that brought in a lot of money but left her tired and cranky and sad after she was done at it. She was there every weekday, and sometimes weekends, making it hard to see anyone, but with Iwaizumi working his own taxing job it was absolute hell. They were together at night, of course, but (f/n) was always too drained - physically and emotionally - from work to do anything, even just make dinner.

Iwaizumi understood a hundred percent, and had talked to (f/n) many times about her quitting and finding a job that made her happier, but (f/n) was skeptical. She couldn't rely on Iwaizumi to pay all of the bills, buy all of the food, buy her everything until she was in another job - she couldn't drop all of that onto him, no matter how much he promised he could handle it.

(f/n) knew he could handle it, but (f/n) wasn't a quitter, wasn't so dependable that she'd quit her job until she could find something better. So, she was stuck in literal hell until something better came along.

It was a miracle for her to be home before Iwaizumi, and the fact that she was home before him on a Tuesday was unheard of. She should have cleaned or cooked or done something to help with the house - she cleaned a lot on the weekends, but she felt useless in that sense on the weekdays - but she instead changed into pajamas and burrowed her way into she and Iwaizumi's bed.

It was warm and comfortable and smelt like the perfect mixture of Iwaizumi and (f/n) and their fabric softener that she was lulled to sleep almost immediately.

*****

She wishes she could tell what time it was when she finally woke up, but all she knew was that it was to the smell of take out food and strong arms wrapping around her waist. She pushed herself into them immediately, her back fitting perfectly against Iwaizumi's chest.

"I thought someone broke into our house and was sleeping in our bed - it's a miracle you're home before me," Iwaizumi said into her neck, causing her to shiver.

"I was going to clean but I was too sleepy," she replied, and she could feel the dried drool on her chin.

"That's okay, we can clean together this weekend." His arms squeezed her once before he was pulling them away and sitting up in the bed, leaving (f/n) alone in the mass of blankets. "Come on, I brought home takeout."

The girl sat up slowly, resisting the urge to rub her eyes because then she'd have makeup everywhere, and even though Iwaizumi had told her that the raccoon look was a good one for her she wasn't so sure.

"Can we just eat in bed, Hajime?" she asked with a plead in her voice, looking up to Hajime with a begging face. He gave in immediately, especially because that sounded like a great idea to him too, and then was stripping off his work clothes and putting on an old t-shirt.

He handed (f/n) her takeout and then grabbed his own, silence enveloping them as they ate. (f/n) used to hate silence, still sometimes does, but with Iwaizumi sitting beside her, his warmth radiating into her arm, she didn't mind being quiet. It was relaxing, serene, perfect.

Iwaizumi finished his food first, as usual, and then was telling (f/n) about his day at work. He, unlike (f/n), loved his job, and (f/n) loved watching him talk about it beacuse it was so fucking adorable - he go so into talking about it, allowing a real smile to cross his face, and his eyes lit up, and (f/n) found herself jealous because she wanted to be that passionate about her job.

"Was work hell for you again?" Iwaizumi asked, and (f/n) finished her last bite of takeout before answering.

"Hell as usual," she said, moving to set the container on her bedside table.

"Honey," Iwaizumi started and (f/n) sighed.

"I know, I know. I can quit and find a new job, but I can't, Hajime. I've gotta be-"

"-certain I know, I'm sorry for pushing it," he said, a sad look on his face as he finished her sentence. "I just want you to be happy."

"I am happy," she said, burrowing her way into Iwaizumi's bubble so she could cuddle him.

"I want you to be more happy. I also want to see you less stressed and tired, and just see you more often in general."

(f/n) buried her face in his neck and inhaled, calming again immediately at his familiar smell. "I'll start looking for something else," she told him, because man did she miss this, being with Iwaizumi and relaxing.

She could feel his smile against her hair before he kissed her head. He moved to stand up again and (f/n) groaned. "That's your second time leaving me alone in bed since you've been home, Hajime, why are you doing this?"

He smiled at her as he grabbed the empty takeout cartons. "Let me throw these away really fast and wash my face and brush my teeth and I'll be right back."

(f/n) looked down at her own body, taking in her appearance - an old, stained shirt of Iwaizumi's and a really old pair of pajama shorts. Her hair was in a messy ponytail that had moved and fallen mostly out because of her sleep, and despite the fact that she didn't rub her eyes she knew her makeup was probably everywhere. Iwaizumi was one lucky man.

"What?" Iwaizumi's voice broke her out of her looking at herself, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you looking at?"

"I could of tried really hard to look really hot, but now I'm in a really old stained shirt and my hair is really tangled and I could really use to wash this drool off of my fa-"

"(f/n), you're always so beautiful," Iwaizumi said, walking forward to kiss her.

"Eww," she said onto Iwaizumi's lips, giggling afterwards.

"What?" he asked, moving away a bit. (f/n) pulled him back so that they were kissing again and then she pulled back enough so that her lips weren't on Iwaizumi's but he could feel her breath on his skin.

"We're gross and sappy - since when did I stop worrying about washing my face around you?" Iwaizumi smiled the heart melting smile that left (f/n) falling apart before he spoke. "You never have to worry how you look around me."

She groaned through her wide smile, pushing Iwaizumi away from her. "You're too sweet, it's going to kill me."

Iwaizumi took the opprotunity. "Then I should stop since I can't live without you."

(f/n) forgot about teeth brushing and face washing then and pulled her boyfriend onto their bed with her, cuddling up to him immediately.

"Fuck hygiene for right now, okay? We'll clean ourselves later, just stay with me right now."

Iwaizumi tightened his arms around her. "Of course," he whispered into her hair. "Love you," he added after a few minutes of comfortable silence. (f/n) groaned in response, too far into sleep to open her mouth and form words.

After years of being together Iwaizumi knew it meant she loved him too. 

------------------------------

Love love love Iwaizumi

He's a babe pls everyone love him so much