Takeda Ittetsu || Surprise

"Ne, Ittetsu, when can I come and watch the volleyball team play?" The man stopped eating and his eyes widened at the sudden question, which caused his girlfriend to chuckle. "It won't be a big deal, and I won't embarrass you. I just really want to see what all of your hard work and effort has been going into."

The male sighed and reached with his free hand to push up his glasses, wondering what to say to her. He had definitely thought about letting her go meet the team; he knew she wouldn't do anything to embarrass him, but he knew for sure that the teenage boys - and the fellow coach - would make sure to embarrass the hell out of him. He was unsure why this bothered him so much; he wasn't one to usually let the thought of anxiety bother him, but in this case it did.

Meeting her would cause them all to pick on and pester him about their relationship, and they'd all tell (f/n) every embarrassing thing they knew about him; he didn't want, or need that. He also didn't want them digging deep into his personal life; he was very proud of both (f/n) and the volleyball club, but it would be an even nastier break up between the two if the team was a part of it.

When she didn't get a reply (f/n) sighed and waved it off.

"Never mind, don't worry about it. Come on, let's finish up dinner and watch that movie."

She forced a smile and the two carried on as they had for the last few months; finishing dinner, talking about their days while cleaning up, and then settling down on the couch to watch a movie. Once the movie was finished they'd shower and get ready to sleep before heading to bed together.

They hadn't been dating long enough to be living together, but they were at the stage in their relationship where they were testing the waters of living together; staying the night at each other's houses more often, cooking dinners together, cleaning their homes together, all kinds of things they'd do together if they were to live together.

It was going well, and they both were enjoying it immensely, but there was one thing (f/n) wanted to do but she never got the green light; going to watch his team play. Whether it was practice, a practice match, or a real match didn't matter to her, but Takeda didn't feel comfortable with her going. (f/n) respected this and didn't push her bounds or press the issue; she knew that once Ittetsu stopped being embarrassed and shy he would be happy to have her there, so she was just going to have to wait.

It was a morning almost a month later when Ittetsu said something that (f/n) didn't expect while she was brushing her teeth.

"We have Spring High Semi-Finals coming up, and I would love it if you could be there."

She dropped her toothbrush in the sink at the sentence he had said, which caused him to chuckle. She hurriedly finished brushing her teeth before turning to him, a neutral look on her face.

"Come again?" she asked, wanting to make sure she heard him right.

"I want you to come support the team," he said, a smile on his face. His girlfriend couldn't handle it and ran to him, her arms wrapping securely around his neck.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ittetsu!" She pulled away and kissed him passionately before speaking again. "When should I be expecting to go?" she asked after pulling away from the kiss.

"Next week, the 26th," he replied, the smile not leaving his face. (f/n) frowned immediately.

"I work the 26th," she mumbled, looking sadly at Ittetsu. He hadn't expected that response and frowned in return. "That's okay, there will be more tournaments and practice games, Ittetsu," she said, trying to make the situation better, although it didn't work.