Kuroo Tetsurou || Photographs

WOW I'm alive I know surprising right?? this story has probably flopped in the three years its been since I've last wrote anything for it but I got an itch and wanted to scratch it??? sorry if this sucks butt????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "I think we should choose this one," the girl stated, holding up a photo of she and her fiance. It was one of the first pictures they had taken together, when they were young and starting out, and just thinking about the day made her heart flutter.

The man sighed, looking at the photo his fiance was holding and then back to the one in his hand. This was the hardest part about the wedding, in his opinion. They'd agreed on everything else almost perfectly - they'd argued briefly about the cake flavor, but then they just decided to do one layer each flavor, and that was that. Everything else was easy; color scheme, date, bouquets, writing their own vows. They'd always been good at compromising with each other, but THIS - neither of them wanted to back down.

"I agree that that photo is wonderful, (f/n)," Kuroo started, looking to his fiance, "but I really think this one is a better fit." He lifted the photo in his hand to show the woman, as if she hadn't already been staring at it.

"How the hell is that a better pick, Tetsu? This one was from one of our first dates, look how young we are!" It wasn't actually that long ago, only three years, but that's three years worth of growth, and the cheesy smiles on their faces in the photo shows that they were ecstatic to be together.

"Because this one shows how we really are," he argued, and he wasn't exactly wrong.

The photo he was holding was from the same year, but it wasn't nearly as cutesy. It was from some college party Bokuto had thrown, and Kuroo and (f/n) were both obviously drunk in it, holding onto each other and laughing, alcoholic beverages in hand and silly hats and glasses on their bodies. (f/n) couldn't even remember the night fully, just that she was happy to be there with her friends, and nobody had thrown up that night.

"We can come back to this decision," (f/n) suggested, and Kuroo agreed. He set both pictures to the side and wrapped his arms around (f/n)'s waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Who thought choosing pictures for the slideshow would be the hardest part of this whole process," he murmured, letting his eyes close so he could relax a little. They'd been looking through photos for hours, and though he loved the nostalgic aspect of it he was getting tired and his ass was falling asleep.

"I know," the girl agreed, letting her head fall to the side to rest on her fiance's as she shuffled through the photos on the table. "Awe, look," she said, and Kuroo opened his eyes and turned his head in order to look at the photo. "I feel like I haven't seen this photo in ages, the first picture we ever took together."

 They had met in a photography class in college - neither of them had been that into photography before, but Kuroo needed another credit for the semester, and (f/n) wanted to learn more about the art of photography. They hadn't spoken much until about a month into the semester, when they were paired together for some project with a couple other students.

Their photography teacher was pretty out there, but she never gave many rules on any projects because she didn't want to hinder any creativity. As long as nobody was nude or injured in the photoshoots, and the photos followed the theme given for each certain project, she didn't much care about what the students did.

(f/n) doesn't remember much of how they had ended up where they ended up, or why they had decided on the small smelly alleyway in the middle of Tokyo for part of their photo shoot, but they had. They were all dressed in different styles, 'diversity' being the subject for said project, and they were taking pictures alone and together.

They'd decided to go all out with it, so while (f/n) was in grunge, all black and dark makeup, Kuroo had been dressed in fancy clothing, a dress shirt and vest and bow tie, Bokuto dressing him up well, even combing and gelling his hair back. They ended up sitting back to back in front of a dumpster, knees bent and their chins resting on their knees. 

They'd taken many photos that day, but that photo had always held a special place in (f/n)'s heart; the first picture they'd ever taken together, the first time they'd ever spent time together, the start of it all. They looked so incredibly dramatic in the picture, it made her laugh every time she saw it, but it was still the start of them.

"And this one," Kuroo said quietly, picking up a picture that was on the corner of the table, looking forgotten about.

They'd gone on some impromptu camping trip with Bokuto and Akaashi one weekend, packing backpacks and sleeping underneath the stars in the middle of the woods. They stayed up past sunset to tell stories, real and fake, and woke up before sunrise to drink coffee and bathe in the sunlight together. Akaashi had snapped a serene picture of the couple, wrapped together in a blanket, sipping cups of coffee while they watched the sun rise. It had been their frist trip together, the first time they'd spent time away from the city together, phones tucked away in their bags and their hands in each other's as they explored the woods with their best friends.

"We should do that again," (f/n) whispered, thinking back on all the fun they had. It had been awhile since they had been able to spend time alone with Bokuto and Akaashi anyways, (f/n) and Kuroo had been so busy with wedding planning and working, as the other two were busy with Olympic schedules and teaching.

And then they spent the next hour like that - reminiscing on the times they've shared, and the people they've shared it with. (f/n) was lucky to have Kuroo in her life and all of the people he has brought to her, and she was sure he felt the same - that is in fact why he decided to propose to her. "Well this one has to go in no matter what," (f/n) said, holding up a picture from said proposal.

It had been a day like any other; Kuroo and she went out like they did any Thursday night, and this time Kenma and Hinata were able to accompany them. They went to one of their favorite restaurants, catching up with both of the boys since it had been weeks since they'd been able to see each other. After dinner they decided to walk to roads, hoping from shop to shop to make excuses for more time together.

When they'd ended up at the station to drop the younger boys off, Kuroo whispered something to Kenma, and then pulled (f/n) aside. She wasn't surprised at first, Kuroo was always up to something, and she'd grown used to it by now. But, when he got down onto one knee and pulled a small box out of his pocket she was very surprised.

"Tetsu," she mumbled, her hands clutching at the strap of her bag.

"(f/n), I'm not sure exactly what to say here except that you make me the happiest person in the world, and I want you to continue making me the happiest person in the world, for the rest of our lives. Please, will you marry me?"

"You're so stupid," she said to him, a large smile spreading across her face. "Of course I'll marry you."

Kuroo smiled wide, slipping the ring onto her finger and then standing on his feet again in order to hug his (now) fiance. That's when Kenma had snapped the picture, when (f/n) was standing on her tippy toes to wrap her arms around Kuroo's neck, and his arms were secure around her waist. Tears were present on (f/n)'s face, and she knew that if the camera angle had been from the other side they would be shown on Kuroo's face too. 

They sat silent for a while after taking a moment to think back on their proposal, both of them thinking back on the occasion with fond hearts.

"Let's use this photo in the slideshow," (f/n) said quietly after some time, picking up the photo from the college party.

"Are you sure?" Kuroo asked, unable to hide his excitement.

"Yeah, I think you're right," she said, smiling fondly at her fiance, "it shows who we are perfectly."