Bokuto Koutarou || Bro

this is kind of short but I think Kuroo and Bokuto would be the best at supporting each other with their relationships ok they are my brotp and also otp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was in his second year of college that Bokuto met who he deemed to be the 'perfect girl.'

She was funny, smart, beautiful, outgoing and boisterous in the same aspects he was, and didn't have any problems with helping Bokuto when he had his bad days. It took him only two minutes after knowing she was all of these things to score a date with her, something he had actually gone home and celebrated with Kuroo.

The day of this date Bokuto spent half an hour with Kuroo in his room, trying to decide what to wear because he wanted to impress the perfect girl, wanted her to think he was perfect too. Kuroo was the perfect bro, telling Bokuto what looked too fuckboy-ish and what made him look too fancy. He was even late to picking the girl up because his hair wouldn't gel in the right way, wouldn't stand up to the greatest heights that he knew it could, so Kuroo had to redo it for him.

She didn't mind though, and complimented Bokuto on how his hair looked extra spiky, something neither of them really thought would be considered a compliment. They went on two dates after the first one before Bokuto asked her to be his girlfriend, spouting nonsense about how she was the perfect girl, how he feels like they would be a power couple, unstoppable in many ways.

She agreed, ending the night by saying 'Thank you again, Koutarou.' (The boy almost cried at the sound of his first name leaving this girl's mouth, but held himself together enough to slip out a 'Goodnight, (f/n)!')

He waited only until her apartment door closed before running all the way home with the largest smile he'd smiled in a long time on his face.

And when he got home, Kuroo had no problem pointing it out.

"Woah, somebody got laid!" he exclaimed with his typical smirk on.

"Bro," Bokuto started, sloppily taking off his shoes. He made it to the couch Kuroo was on and fell onto it, head right beside Kuroo's leg. He didn't finish what he was going to say, eyes instead on the ceiling.

"Was it that good?" Kuroo asked, finding Bokuto's state the funniest thing ever.

"Bro we didn't even do it," Bokuto said, raising his hands to put them on his face.

"Woah, Bo, you-"

"I'm fucked!" Bokuto said loudly, sitting up to look into Kuroo's eyes. "I've never felt this good after a date with anyone, even if we did have sex after it."

Kuroo's eyes were wide in surprise - Bokuto had never had problems with girls; he was more successful in that category than Kuroo was, but he'd never gone so long with dating a girl without getting a little action. Of course that wasn't all he cared about, but it wasn't a downside.

"My god, I haven't even thought about having sex with her! Like I wouldn't mind it obviously, but when I think about her I think about everything that isn't sexual - like holding her hand and going on late night walks with her in the park! I want to take her on cute, romantic dates and buy her cliche Valentine's day gifts! I want innocent, cute, cheesy moments with her as much as I want the sweaty, intimate ones!"

Kuroo smiled wide at Bokuto, all confusion gone. "Then what's the big deal bro?"

"I've never liked a girl like this! Like, I know what to do to be a good boyfriend, but knowing what to do is much easier than actually doing it."

Thus began Kuroo's pep talk. If there was anything that Kuroo knew how to do better than anyone else in the world, it was give Bokuto the confidence he needed. Yeah, Akaashi knew him better than anyone else; he knew how to make Bokuto happy again, knew best what was bothering Bokuto when and how to fix the problem, but Kuroo was better with words.

Kuroo knew when Bokuto needed a pep talk, knew when to give him tough love and when to sit down and have a serious conversation. He also was the best at cheering Bokuto up without words - pizza and booze paired with shitty movies and letting Bo win at Mario Kart. He was his best friend overall, the best at dealing with things, the best at helping Bokuto win his confidence back.

A buzz from Bokuto's phone stopped Kuroo from talking, and Bo apologized before looking at the text.

From: (f/n)

Hey, I know we planned to go out, but I've really gotta study for a test. Wanna come over that night after I'm done studying? Maybe drink some beers, watch some movies? You could stay the night?

Bokuto didn't reply to the text and instead threw his head back against the couch.

"Fuck I think I'm in love."

Kuroo laughed and put his right hand out to pat Bokuto on the back. "Good luck, bro."