Tsukishima Kei || Ride

woah this turned out way longer than I planned oops. I listened to twenty one pilots the entirety of writing this and it motivated the hell out of me I guess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry man, I've got plans all summer break or else I'd totally go down to Miyagi with you," Kuroo said, showing Tsukishima a look of actually sincerity. "Mom's forcing me to stay home the whole two weeks - said she's missed me too much the last three years. It's gonna be like the high school days with Kenma."

"It's fine," Tsukishima said in a steady voice, trying to mask his disappointment. "Now that I think about it three hours in a car with you doesn't sound that fun."

Kuroo feigned an expression of hurt before there was a voice behind him.

"Tsukki, if you really need a ride to Miyagi I know someone who is heading down tomorrow night and wouldn't mind taking a cute little first year with them~~" Bokuto said, letting his arm fall over the underclassman's shoulders.

Why did the two biggest idiots in the world have to attend the one college in Tokyo that Tsukishima wanted to go to?

"I really would rather not be stuck in a car with one of your weirdo friends," the blonde said, arms forming and X in front of him.

"Ohoho!" Bokuto said, getting closer to Tsukishima's face with his own. "But you know this weirdo friend and you like her." His voice matched that of a twelve year old's in the tone, and Tsukishima knew who they were speaking of immediately.

"Hoho, some alone time for Tsukki and his crush?" Kuroo asked in the same tone, eyebrows wiggling.

Tsukishima wouldn't have agreed if he weren't so desperate, but it was his mom's birthday in a few days, and he promised her he'd manage to get down there without help - he was old enough to manage himself, and he wanted to prove that to his mother.

"I'm going to go find (l/n)-San then."

"We'll come too!" Bokuto said, following Tsukishima towards where they knew (f/n) would be working.

*****

They made it to the small coffee shop in a matter of just a few minutes, and Tsukishima almost didn't enter because he knew that the two idiots behind him were bound to embarrass him - they always did when (f/n) was involved. 

They weren't wrong about him having a crush - they figured it out before Tsukishima had even realized his own feelings - but it wasn't fair of them to tease him so much about it. The feelings made him feel vulnerable, as odd as that sounded, and he wasn't ready for opening himself up to anyone, especially (f/n).

However, the idiots didn't understand that Tsukishima wasn't ready - they just kept on pestering him, kept on leaving him alone with (f/n), kept on being annoying as all hell. They swore they were trying to be good friends, but Tsukishima couldn't be so sure.

"(f/n), (f/n), Tsukki has a question!" Bokuto said, shoving the boy towards the girl. She was luckily on her break, sitting at one of the stools with a cup of tea in her hands.

The girl smiled to the tall boy, asking him what he needed. Of course, his gracious senpai answered for him. "You see, (f/n)," Kuroo started, wrapping an arm around the younger boy's shoulders, "Tsukki here doesn't have his license or a car, but he needs to go home for summer break. You're kind enough to take your young kouhai home for break, right?"

"Of course I am, but you didn't have to ask for him, Kuroo-San - Tsukki is a big boy, and he was capable of asking me himself."

Tsukishima gave her a 'thank you' for the comment, sending a glare Kuroo's way. He turned to (f/n) again and addressed her himself. "You're really okay with me tagging along? I could give you gas money an-"