Kozume Kenma || Hugs

request from AwkwardPineapple -- I hope you enjoy it!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The concept of soulmates had always seemed kind of... weird to (f/n) - weird in both a bad and good sense. Bad because she didn't like the thought of there only being one person for everyone - what if she had a better connection with some stranger on the bus or her childhood friend? Didn't matter - in this world marriages were almost always only granted to two soulmates, adoption only granted to soulmates. It was infuriating.

But (f/n) loved the thought of someone being a part of her - she loved the thought of finding the person that was so very important to her, the person that she was destined to be with. Destiny and soulmates seemed as stupid a concept to her as it did a beautiful one, and she was still trying to figure out how she could feel so strongly about it in both ways.

Ever since she was younger she'd been entranced with the black inked on her arm - the name Kozume Kenma became as easy for her to spell as her own name, even easier sometimes, and the small cat paw print next to it was the only thing she wanted to draw ever since she could hold a pencil.

The name was simple and (f/n) would say it out loud sometimes to practice how it sounded from her mouth, and she hoped that he was somewhere doing the same thing, whispering her name just to hear it. She looked up his name before on facebook, but there were more Kozume Kenmas than she ever thought there could be and she decided that when she was out of high school she'd go on one of those websites to meet your soulmate.

For now she was content, happy in the state she was in - good friends, nice grades, a lot of games on her bedside table. She was good for now, she wasn't in a rush to meet Kozume Kenma.

That was, until she actually met him.

*****

"(f/n)," the girl looked up to see Suga with a worried expression. "Hinata ran too fast and broke away from the team - I know you're headed home but would you help us find him?"

The girl agreed and immediately started on the search for the orange haired boy, something she'd done more times than she and the team would like to admit. She walked around rather aimlessly for a few minutes before she ran into a tall guy with crazy black hair.

"You wouldn't have happened to see a short boy with orange hair, would you?" she asked, voice rather quiet.

The boy shook his head, "no I haven't, sorry. Have you seen a boy with black and blonde hair? Probably playing a video game?"

The girl shook her head no, and she was about to excuse herself before she heard Hinata shout excitedly in the distance. They both made their way toward the voice and found the people they were searching for.

"Hinata," she said at the same time Kuroo had said, "Kenma."

(f/n) perked up at the name and then calmed her nerves - there were many Kenmas in the world, that couldn't be her Kenma. But then Hinata was running at her excitedly, shouting something over and over again.

"I found your soulmate, (f/n)-San, I found your soulmate!" She froze at that and looked behind Hinata to find a boy sitting there with blonde and black hair - the boy Kuroo had been looking for. "His name is Kozume Kenma, and he goes to a school whose mascot is cats, so that explains the paw print! And he showed me his arm and it's your name with a (whatever you want yo) right next to it!"

He pulled (f/n) towards the boy and they looked at each other awkwardly for a moment before (f/n) was pulling up her sleeve and showing it to him. He looked down at his arm and held it out before turning his head away in a flustered manner. (f/n)'s full name was on his arm with (again whatever you want yo) right next to it.