Yaku Morisuke || Sick

"Yaku, I think I'm dying."

The libero sighed when those were the first words his girlfriend said into the phone. He could tell by the strain in her voice that she was in fact ill, but dying was pushing it a little.

"I doubt you're dying, (f/n). But is that why you're not here? Taketora is rather upset that you didn't make it to practice tonight."

"Yaku," she mumbled, curling up on her bed, "tell him to suck it up. I can barely talk right now, okay? I'm gonna fall back asleep, and try not to die in the process. You have a good time at practice." She hung up after that, let the phone fall to the floor, and then fell back asleep.

Yaku, on the other hand, was worried. (f/n) never skipped out on coming and watching the boys practice on Friday's - she would watch them and then head to Yaku's house with him to study. It had been the routine for almost two months now, so she must really be feeling poorly to miss out on Friday tradition. Plus, (f/n) really enjoyed picking on Lev and Yamamato at practices - Fridays were her favorite, and she never missed them, so all throughout practice Yaku was busy listing off things in his head that he'd need to buy in order to take care of (f/n) that night.

After practice, he changed and made his way towards the train, calling his mom to tell her that he'd be home a little later that night becaue (f/n) needed him.

*****

"(f/n)?" Yaku called, walking into the (l/n) household with the key he'd been given for emergencies. He didn't receive a response, which he took as a good sign; (f/n)'s parents worked until rather late on Fridays, and it would be good for (f/n) to be resting.

He started boiling the water for tea and heated up the pre-made soup he got from his favorite soup place before walking down the hallway to (f/n)'s room. She was dead asleep in the bed, hugging one of her pillows to her chest. Yaku reached out to lightly touch her forehead, and the heat radiating from it worried him quite a bit.

"Hey, (f/n)," he said quietly, shaking the girls arm. She woke up and groaned, pulling the blanket up so that it was covering her head. "Come on," he whispered, prying the blanket off of her head. When he met her gaze he smiled slightly at her, to which she barely managed a small smile back. "I'm gonna go get a washcloth, you put your hair up so it's out of your face."

When he returned back to the room with a cool washcloth (f/n)had managed to throw her hair up into a very, very messy bun, accepting the rag when it was handed to her.

"I'm gonna go prepare you some soup and tea; you drink that water and get hydrated and I'll be right back."

It was only a few minutes later that he was walking back to (f/n)'s room with a tray, a cup of tea and bowl of soup balanced on it. He had the liquid medicine in a plastic bag hanging from his wrist, trying to prepare himself for the fight he knew (f/n) was going to put up before taking the medication. After setting the tray on her desk he took the medicine out of the bag and smiled at (f/n), who was groaning at the sight of the bottle.

"Okay, let's get this out of the way," he said to her, taking the lid off of the bottle. He filled the cap and held it out to her.

"Yaku, you're trying to kill me, aren't you? You're gonna kill me."

Yaku rolled his eyes. "You're being dramatic, (f/n), just take the medicine and then you get to eat all of your favorite soup."

The girl didn't mention that she wasn't really hungry, she just grumbled out a few curses while she grabbed for the cap full of thick blue liquid. After she downed it she grabbed for the glass of water, and downed most of that too. Yaku set the cap and medication on the desk and brought the bowl of soup to his girlfriend, which caused her to smile widely at him.