Bokuto Koutarou || Approval

"Kou, this really isn't a good idea," (f/n) mumbled to him as he got dressed for the day, a large smile on his face. "My parents aren't nice, and you're not the person they want me to be with - there is no point in getting their approval for this, they'll just say no."

Bokuto turned to his girlfriend with the large smile still on his face. "I can't just marry you without your parent's permission, (f/n), what kind of man do you take me for?"

(f/n) sighed, looking at the ring sat on the dresser that should be on her finger. Bokuto had -very enthusiastically - told (f/n) that he was going to propose to her, but he couldn't before meeting her parents. It was stupid, really. Yeah, Bokuto was just trying to be a kind, respectable adult and get permission before officially taking this girl away from her parents, but it wasn't necessary.

It had been four years since (f/n) had seen her parents, and five months since she'd even spoken to them. They were rich, snobby, annoying, traditional. They wanted (f/n) to only marry a man that they approved of, a man that they chose.

(f/n) cut off all ties when she was sure she didn't need that negativity in her life anymore; she met Bokuto, fell in love, got an apartment with him, got a steady job, she was happy as hell. However, no matter how much she told Bokuto that her parents were shit and wouldn't approve of this, he was persistent in meeting them and asking for their approval.

He'd left the idea of meeting them alone before; they had been dating for five years now, and Bokuto wanted nothing more than to see where (f/n) came from, to see who and what she came from, but he understood that she didn't want that. Now he had an excuse though, and (f/n) knew there was no stopping him once she got excited about it.

"Fine," she said, crossing her arms over her chest. She walked across the room and grabbed his face, making him look into her eyes. "Just be prepared, okay? I don't know how they are now, but they were terrible about all of my boyfriends before."

Bokuto slapped a hand against his chest, his smile growing. "I can handle it all, (f/n). All the mean words they can throw at me aren't shit to how much I love you and want to marry you."

(f/n) laughed at that and brought him into a kiss. "I love you, you idiot."

"I love you too, (f/n)."

*****

(f/n) didn't understand how she was more nervous about this than Koutarou was. He was actually excited, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel of the car and happily singing along to the songs playing on the radio. He was acting like they were going to his parent's house, where everything in the world was welcome and happy as long as it wasn't hurting anybody.

(f/n) sat in the passenger seat with her hands tightly gripping her knees, the upbeat song playing only making her feel more nervous.

She'd emailed her mom the day before, the least personal form of communication, and told her that she would be visiting at 2 that afternoon with her boyfriend, who was dying to meet them. She didn't read the reply, couldn't will herself to even read the small part of the reply that was visible to her without opening it because she was so nervous.

Koutarou definitely wasn't helping her nerves with all of his expectations.

"Your dad is going to look so cool walking you down the isle to me," he commented as they were walking to the car. "And your mom and I could share a dance! How cool would that be?"

She didn't try to crush his expectations - she had already warned him, now it was her time to just be there to comfort him when he was shut down by her parents. She'd been dealing with it for years, she wouldn't be surprised at how rude they were, she wouldn't be affected by their rude remarks or rejection.