Haiba Lev || Worth It

happy you guys don't hate these bc here is a soulmate au where you're born with an image on your arm that kinda describes your soulmate - when you meet and they touch it it changes from black to colors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lying there in that moment, Lev cuddled up to her side with his head in her neck and his monstrous legs falling off the couch, (f/n) thought back on how they get there. She thought back to the days just a year ago when she was too nervous to let Lev touch her, thought about how she had physically flinched when she first met him.

She should have expected that though; this was the man that matched the mark on her arm, the man that was described by a gigantic tree on her right forearm, taking up almost the entire patch of skin. It was an intricate tree - lines in the bark and details on the leaves, roots spreading down to her wrist, wrapping around it. She should have known that someone like Lev was the reason for this tree on her arm, but meeting him had been more than she could of bargained for.

*****

It started when she received a text from Shibayama saying that Inuoka was feeling a little down and would love nothing more than to have (f/n) there to support him. She did so, as she had a few times his first week of practice, walking into the gym shyly, hoping not to be noticed right off the bat.

Her hopes weren't answered.

"(f/n), (f/n)!" Inuoka grabbed the girl and tugged her towards a large male she'd never seen before, and she was immediately trying to step away. "Lev is totally your soulmate, look!"

Lev stuck out his arm and there was a tiny orchid on it, practically just a dot on his huge arm. The mark itself was plain, no fine lines or details like the mark on (f/n)'s arm, but it was still beautiful. When (f/n) looked up to Lev's face she cowered backwards, again surprised with his height and the feline like gaze in his eyes.

"(f/n)'s family runs a flower shop and their best selling flower is a Vanilla Orchid!"

"Inuoka, that doesn't mean any-"

"And (f/n)'s mark is a perfect representation of Lev!"

That (f/n) couldn't really argue with; if there was anyone in the entire school that could be represented by her mark it would be him, but that didn't mean much. There were billions of people in the world, probably hundreds of people who could be perfectly represented by the tree on her arm.

"Can I see your mark?" Lev asked, voice not as deep as (f/n) had figured it'd be. The girl awkwardly peeled off the jacket part of her uniform, Inuoka holding it on his arm like a butler. Lev gripped (f/n)'s arm - his hold much lighter than those large hands should be able to manage - and stared at the tree on her arm.

(f/n) would have been embarrassed either way, but the eyes of a majority of the team members had drifted to them, making her already terrible social anxiety even worse. It was more eyes than she'd care for on her especially when she usually couldn't even handle one pair of eyes on her.

"This reminds me so much of the tree in front of my house!" Lev said, his gaze moving from (f/n)'s arm to her face. "Can I touch it?" he asked excitedly, fingers hovering over the mark. (f/n) was a little confused about why he was talking about finding out one of the most important things in his life as if it were a bug or an exotic animal.

She nodded anyways, and Lev's forefinger touched it as gently as he could manage. The tree immediately lit up in color, the bark turning brown as it should, but the leaves of the tree lighting up into different shades of gold and silver, a few turning the same color green as Lev's eyes.