Yamaguchi Tadashi || Freckles

I know I just put up a one shot for Yams but I found this and a few others buried in my computer and fixed it up - the other fixed ones will probs come out this weekend bc I don't have to work ^.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yamaguchi couldn't describe how happy he was on days like today - he and his girlfriend curled up in his bed together, cuddling, holding each other. He had always been rather affectionate and needy - he always wanted to hold and touch and be warm with someone else. But he never had anyone to be affectionate towards, so he kept it in, hid it all. Now that he was able to, though, he took the opportunity every chance he got.

When he first met (f/n) he didn't know what to do - she was intimidating as all hell, walking around with a large smile on her face, spewing compliments out left and right, making not only the girls in their class blush, but the boys too. It was a special kind of hell - Yamaguchi couldn't fight the feeling of giddiness in him when (f/n) complimented him, couldn't help himself when the words made his heart flutter, made his stomach turn, but they scared him so damn bad.

He had never been complimented so openly before, and then (f/n) came alone, telling him she loved his freckles and how smart he was and how hard he worked towards the things he wanted. She openly told Yamaguchi that she loved these things about him, and it made him close himself off every time.

She was even the one to ask him out - after a year of Yamaguchi pining and having anxiety attacks about asking (f/n) out she walked up to him and asked him with the bright smile on her face that he loved so much. She acted like it was no big deal to her. Yamaguchi didn't know what to expect from the relationship because he didn't want it to be like all of his other ones - he wanted something where they both gave equal, where they made each other feel fantastic about themselves, but (f/n) was always leaving him tongue tied and terrified at what she could say, left him speechless because he never knew how to respond.

She was even perfectly nice to people like Tsukki who told her to shut up or fuck off when she complimented them - she didn't let them get her down, didn't ever feel too let down or put out at the words people said to her, because to her they didn't matter.

The relationship only took off when Yamaguchi got over his unbelievable anxiety of (f/n)'s compliments and (f/n) realized she needed to be a little more careful of what she said because Yamaguchi's frail heart couldn't take too much.

The first year they couldn't show much affection - they weren't able to sleep next to each other or cuddle really until Yamaguchi's parents became a little more lenient with their relationship. However, when Yamaguchi's parents would pull back on the strictness, Yamaguchi let the affection show with no hesitation.

He was nervous at first to pull her in and cuddle her, but once he did it - and realized she liked it -, he was never nervous again; it just made him feel so. Fucking. Good. From then on, cuddling was extremely normal, and they did it any chance they got, even if they were only able to hold each other for five minutes.

Today was a special day, however. Yamaguchi's parents were home and (f/n) was over to spend time with Yamaguchi in his room, and they were allowed to have the door shut. (this was a big deal for them; Yams' parents were fairly strict about letting the two be alone because the didn't want to become grandparents prematurely.)

So, here they were, resting together in his room, cuddling on his bed. Usually Yamaguchi would hold (f/n) tight against his body and rake his fingers through her hair, but today it was the opposite - (f/n) was lying down on her back, head propped up on pillows, with Yamaguchi's head resting on her shoulder. Her fingers were running up and down his arm, and they had been for the entire time they'd been lying together.

After fifteen minutes of complete silence the two looked at each other and the girl smiled brightly at him.

"You know, Tadashi," she began in a quiet voice, her fingers moving up to touch his cheeks. "I really think your freckles are beautiful - they compliment you nicely." It was a secret to nobody that Yamaguchi was self conscious of his freckles - they were an oddity, and were the reason he was a recipient of a lot of teasing throughout his life. But (f/n) had helped him understand that they were a beautiful oddity, one that he should cherish. "With all the freckles all over your body I could probably mark out some constellations."

Tadashi immediately blushed, (f/n) could feel the heat on the finger tracing his cheeks.

"Would you let me trace them with a pen someday? I could probably make the little dipper if I spent enough time looking at all of your back freckles."

Yamaguchi was even more flustered at her words and buried his face into her neck.

"S-Shut up, (f/n)," he mumbled, his breath tickling her neck.

"Okay, I'm sorry," she mumbled with a large smile, kissing his head lightly. Yamaguchi relaxed again as his girlfriend began tracing little dippers on his back through his shirt. "You really should let me do it some time though."

Not even twenty minutes later Yamaguchi was lying on his stomach shirtless with (f/n) sitting on his butt, a pen in hand. She spent an hour that day mapping out the freckles on his back and making - very imperfect - constellations out of his back freckles, and she did the same thing many years to follow. 

------------------------------

Love freckles. Need freckles. Pls, somebody, give me your freckleesssss.