Hanamaki Takahiro || Relationships

Hanamaki had never been good at being forward about his feelings - that was something everybody knew. He was all wide smiles, - only few people being able to decipher if they were fake or not - bad hair, and a build that could pull in anyone he wanted on campus. His romantic relationship history wasn't vast, only containing a few one night stands and people he would date for a few weeks before leaving them be.

He couldn't will himself to open up, was too afraid of attachment and heartbreak. When he started developing any sort of romantic feelings for them he shut them out, ran away, and then played it off like nothing had happened at all.

When he met (f/n) all of that was turned around.

She was charm and a loud voice and unsteady feet, but she made it work more than anyone Hanamaki had met - he was infatuated immediately. Their droms were just down the hall from each other, they seemed to get coffee at the same time, and they were majoring in the same thing - Hanamaki literally couldn't avoid this one. So, he did something stupid - he talked to her.

It took three months of fighting his feelings for Hanamki to ask her on a date, like the dumbass he was, and it was phenomenal. Now he was stuck in a hand holding, mouth kissing friendship, because he would allow himself to get in a relationship.

(f/n) only put up with this for a few weeks. She enjoyed it at first, the kissing and cuddling and no labels, but that wasn't what she was looking for.

"We've gotta stop."

She'd interrupted a kiss to say that, so Hanamaki pulled back to get a look at her face, trying to read the mood. It was serious, very serious.

"Why?" he asked breathlessly.

"I can't do this anymore." She stood up from his bed and straightened out her clothes. "I know this is what you're looking for, but it's not for me - I kind of like labels, want a boyfriend and all the stupidness that comes with it."

Hanamaki frowned and sat up, hands ruffling through his short hair. He almost - almost - told her that that was what he wanted too. Wanted to finally let himself just fucking like somebody and indulge in something that could make him happy. He didn't, though.

Instead he plastered a smile on his face and dropped backwards onto his bed. "Yeah, okay. I'll see you around then," he said, letting his eyes close.

(f/n) wanted to stay and argue but she didn't. "See you Monday," she mumbled before leaving, the door shutting a little loudly behind her.

Hanamaki let the smile drop then and curled up onto his side.

*****

It took a matter of two hours for him to be dragged out of his room and to a bar down the street by Matsukawa. It was pretty packed, since it was a Friday night, but it wasn't over packed or uncomfortably warm like it sometimes was. They met up with Oikawa and Iwaizumi, who just so happened to be in Sendai for the weekend, and got a round of drinks.

Oikawa pointed out Hanamaki's down mood three seconds after they sat down, and the ex wing spiker scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Why do you have to notice so much?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

"Just because we aren't teammates anymore doesn't mean I don't care, Makki!" Oikawa took a drink of water - he was the designated driver of the night - and then spoke again. "Plus, you're still as easy to read as an open book! You don't let anything pass by anyone, Makki."

Hanamaki rolled his eyes again, annoyed at Oikawa's ability to literally read everything about him. He downed his drink, and Matsukawa got up to get him another, Iwaizumi following in suit. "What's wrong?"