Chapter 1

10 months before

Melodi-

'I have no clue why I keep letting Trinity keep setting me up on these things' I thought to myself as I clutched my purse tighter to my chest as I walked into Buffalo Wild Wings, the restaurant I was supposed to be meeting my blind date at. My best friend Trinity and her boyfriend Micah seem to have made it their life mission to inflict the same relationship happiness they have on everyone else. It's like they wont be completely happy until they can find me my "perfect match".

I've never had a hard time finding dates. It's not like I'm an ugly woman. In fact I was told often that I was extremely pretty, gorgeous even. I stand at 5 feet even and happened to be on the thicker side. My boobs were a healthy C cup and were well proportioned to my petite size and slim waist but unfortunately my ass didn't get the memo on sizing, because it was huge.

Nowhere near Kardasian sized but for my small frame, it was out of place. Having a medium top and a size 12 bottom made shopping a challenge for sure. To accompany my tiny frame I also had tiny feet to match wearing a size 5. My light caramel colored skin and wildly long, curly hair set off my looks topped off with lusciously plump pink lips, dimples so deep you could play hide and seek in them and unusual green-gray eyes that people often mistook for contacts. So no I wasn't hurting for dates, it was just the matter of finding someone who wasn't a complete jerk who could actually last past the first one.

Tonight was one of several dates that they have set me up on in the last few weeks and most likely it would end the same way it did with all the others: disappointment. While their hearts are in the right places, their choices had left a lot to be desired.

My first date with Charlie was the tip of the iceberg. Charlie didn't have a job and still lived with his mother so I was forced to pay for our dinner. And of course the lazy jerk ordered the most expensive item on the menu. Then there was Robert, the slob, who showed up for our date a half hour late, with his clothes dirty and his body odor was completely rank. Needles to say Robert hadn't lasted more than an hour before I had to get out of dodge. The most recent was Ronny who was a complete egotistical jerk, who spent the entire night literally talking about himself. I couldn't even get a word in edge wise with him and honestly he bored me to tears.

Tonight's date was one of Micah's coworkers, Ben, who recently got divorced and was looking to get back into the dating game. Hopefully this one wouldn't be as painful as the last three or else I would seriously go out of my mind. Taking in a deep breath of the cool night air, I stepped into the loud, crowded bar themed restaurant. I took in the atmosphere around me while running my hand through my long hair that fell in curly ringlets to the middle of my back.

"Hi welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings! Are you eating in or taking out?" the preppy hostess asked me coming up from some where in the crowded restaurant. 

"Hi I'm supposed to be meeting somebody here." I say throwing a smile up at her. The woman couldn't have been more than 5'5" but everyone for the most part towers over me. It's just one of those things in life that I have accepted.

"Oh of course. Can you give me your parties name and I can check to see if he has already arrived. If not I can get you set up at a table and get you situated with drinks while you wait." She said to me. 

"His name is Ben. He had sent me a text not too long ago saying he was here." I say glancing back down at my phone to check the time and then back up at the hostess, whose smile had slowly started falling from her face.

"Oh yes I remember him saying he was meeting someone here. Follow me to your table." She said sharply leading me through the crowded restaurant to a booth in the middle of the place.