Chapter 5

Kaiden-

'Damn it. I shouldn't have eaten all of those cupcakes in one sitting. Now would have been the perfect time to eat one of them.' I thought as I threw my pen down on my desk, running my hand across my face. I had been running in and out of meetings since this afternoon, and between that and dodging calls from Brianna trying to meet up with me, I was exhausted and ready to just go home and sleep. That and I wanted to talk to Melodi again. There was just something about her that intrigued me and made me want to know more about her.

I glanced down at my watch, noting that it was well after 5 and thought about trekking down to her bakery for a few more of those cupcakes and another good look at her delicious body, but decided against that idea quickly. I didn't want to scare her off before I had the chance to satisfy my craving for her body. 

"What's going on in that big ass head of yours to where you couldn't hear me calling you?" a voice sounded, causing me to grin at my best friend Luca Delano, as he strolled in to the room before throwing himself into one of the chairs across from my desk. 

"Thinking about your girlfriend sucking me off." I replied back to him, tossing one of the many crumpled up pieces of paper scattered around my desk and the surrounding floor at him. 

"One, I don't have a girlfriend, douchebag and two, even if I did, she wouldn't come near your ugly ass. I only date girls with common sense." Luc shot back, snatching the paper ball out of mid air right before it hit him in the face and tossed it back at me. 

"Whatever, fucker. How'd the deal go with Santana?" I asked, dodging the flying paper easily.

Luc and I have been friends since we were born. It made sense considering the fact that our families were extremely close as well. We were only a few months apart and since he was an only child, we grew up more like brothers. When Gio died, Luc knew first hand the pain I was going through because it mirrored his own. It was only natural, that when my father passed the business on to me, that I made him my right hand man and vice president.

"Expect a call from Santana in the next few days. What is it with these companies thinking they call the shots around here?" 

"That's the same thing I said earlier about Langdon and Johnson to Regina, when she started freaking out about me being late to the meeting this afternoon." I said, putting my feet up on my desk before tossing another paper ball in the air before snatching it back. 

"Man you love fucking with those guys. What did you do to make yourself late this time?" Luc asked, propping his feet up on the other corner of the desk.

"Flirting with a women with a whole lot of ass... I mean class." I said, sending a grin at my pun his way. 

"So you've finally listened to me and cut Brianna's gold digging ass off and found a new woman? And please tell me it's not Bridgette. That broad is crazy as hell." 

"Oh come on, Bridgette isn't all bad. Plus she's a contortionist. The whole bending backward thing during sex is amazing." 

"Man she's insane! Remember the last time you saw her and she threatened to kill Julissa?" Luc said, reminding me. I had forgotten about her threatening to kill one of the other women I've been known to play around with.

"Okay so you have a point there..." 

"And there was the other psycho chick, what was her name? Oh yeah Tatyana, who broke into your house and sacrificed that lamb..." 

"Okay, okay so I don't make good decisions when it comes to my love life. Brianna has her uses and that's why I keep her around. But anyway do you remember the woman I saved in that car accident a few weeks ago?"