Chapter 21

It's a little later than I intended .They had me work a double shift at work, so I didn't get off until midnight, came home and passed out.  Hopefully it's coherent  because I'm half dead editing this since I just woke up, but a promise is a promise. Happy Tuesday ya'll, Hope you enjoy the chapter. Now I'm off to try and be a productive human with the rest of my day.

Melodi-

"How long are you going to sit there pouting for? It's been almost 2 weeks." Cassie said coming into the kitchen as I mixed up the batter for the cheesecake brownies I was making for the lunch rush "I'm not pouting. What's wrong with me missing my boyfriend? He's been gone for 2 weeks like you said." I said turning off the mixer to face her. "No you're pouting because you haven't gotten any since the family dinner." Cassie said referencing the night before Kaiden left for his emergency meeting.

"What if they don't like each other? Then we'd have to break up because our families hate each other." I said biting my lip as I put the finishing touches on the cupcakes I had made for dessert. I had made several kinds to cater to the different tastes. I didn't know what kind of sweets his parents liked so I made a few of everything. I might have gone a little overboard but I wasn't worried about them going to waste. Between Kaiden, my dad, Camryn and Luca, the corpus amounts of cupcakes wouldn't even last an hour. I'm hoping that I can convince the four men to share with everyone else but knowing my father and Kaiden that would be a stretch.

"First of all there is no way on earth we're breaking up just because our families don't like each other. We will just have to split the holidays into shifts. And if that doesn't work we can always bury everyone in the garden and problem solved." He said with a grin. I swatted him with the towel I had been using to wipe my hands on "this isn't funny, I'm being serious. What if your dad says something again like he did when I met them. My dad will go insane and try to shoot him." "I know Bellissima. It will be okay. Our families will get along. My mom promised to keep my dad on his best behavior so your dad shouldn't have to go to jail on a murder charge." He said, his grin getting wider before turning soft.

He lifted me up onto the counter so that we were eye to eye and pressed his forehead against mine "Prometto che tutto andrà bene e anche se non c'è nulla in questo mondo che mi possa tirare via da te tranne che la morte lei ti amo bellissima" he said before kissing my lips softly. The kiss was sweet one of reassurance and love. Despite the fact that we had yet to say the words to each other if nothing else I knew without a doubt that I loved him. It might seem crazy and ridiculously fast but I did. The last 5 months together had been amazing and I was looking forward to spending a lot more with him. In that moment I could see myself marrying him, having children together and growing old together for the rest of our lives.

Just as quickly as the kiss started it ended, pulling me from the thoughts that I had lost myself in of the future. I glanced up at him and brushed the stray lock of hair that had fell in his face from my hands tousling it "I don't know what you said but it sounded sexy as hell. I need you to speak to me in Italian more often because it is definitely a turn on." I said my finger stroking the outline of his lip, giggling as he nipped it. "Il tuo desiderio è il mio comando signora sexy". Our flirting session was brought to an abrupt halt by the sound of someone knocking on the door. Kaiden pulled away and sighed before helping me down to my feet "We will continue this later." He said backing away and adjusting his erection so it was more discreet while I fixed my clothes and headed for the door "We better" I said under breath as I opened the door and to reveal my parents.

"Hi mom, hi dad. You guys are early" I said as I hugged my mom and kissed my dad on the cheek. "You know your father. He always has to be early to things despite the inconvenience it causes." My mom said earning a glare from my father "I've told you all before there is no such thing as on time you're either early or late. Now where is that boyfriend of yours." My dad grumbled "Right here sir. How are you this evening Mr. and mrs Gray. Welcome to my home." Kaiden said coming down the hall. He gave my mother a brief hug before shaking my dads hand. "Good to see you again son. And what did I tell you the last time? Call me James." He responded "Same goes for me darling. Call me Jasmine" my mom said as I took her sweater from her and hung it on the rack.