Interlude: Brianna

Surprise!! I guess later this week ended up being tonight as well. Figured I would post it since I finished it ahead of time. The inspiration for this chapter was the lamp scene from Fatal Attraction (Link above). This was literally all I could picture  in my head as I wrote this. Hope You all enjoy.

How dare he do this to me. I've been in love with Kaiden Andretti for as long as I could remember. He has been the center of my world my entire life. when we started our physical relationship at 16, I thought he was finally realizing that we belonged together but I was wrong. He bounced from woman to woman but always came back to me, like I was his favorite drug of choice.

Even our families thought we were a perfect match. Well our parents did anyway. Our parents had been helping the cause by pushing us together since birth hoping that our relationship would take and that we would get married and join the Andretti and Nicolai families together. His bitch of a sister hated me but that didn't matter as long as he wanted me.

That all changed a few months ago. Kaiden started calling less and stopped returning my calls and texts. He changed the code to his apartment and refused my visits in his office. I had to degrade myself by fucking the guy working the desk in the lobby of his apartment building to get the code. My only saving grace was that the normal woman wasn't working or else I would have been screwed.

I didn't know what I was expecting to find but another woman in his apartment wasn't it. Especially since I was the only one who was ever allowed at his place. She was pretty too but short and pudgy, nowhere near the type he normally fills his time with. She had this really long unruly hair that needed to be tamed that cascaded down her back as well as tattoos running down her thigh peeking out underneath Kaiden's shirt.

She turned around and her unusual green gray eyes flashed when she spotted me and immediately set out to find out why I was there. I wasn't expecting the little thing to be so mouthy and come at me guns blazing. I also wasn't expecting Kaiden to kick me out or call her his girlfriend and tell me he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I was at a loss for what to do. I couldn't even tell my parents because they would find a way to blame me for this situation.

This was the first time that I honestly felt threatened by one of the other women in Kaiden's life. Before now I never had a reason to question my place in his life. These feelings were foreign for me. I've never felt threatened by another woman in my life. I was Brianna Nicolai, the #1 model in the world right now. I had men falling at my feet willing to do anything I said but the one I wanted. He chose some fat little black bitch over me. If that wasn't enough, he embarrassed me as well.

Right now, I hated him as much as I loved him. I wanted him to hurt the same way that I was hurting. I brought the cigarette that I had been holding limply at my side to my mouth to take a drag off of it only to discover that it had long since burnt itself out. I angrily threw it across the floor to join the rest of the mess I had made of my apartment; Broken glass was all over the floor, furniture was over turned, awards broken to pieces; Photos and magazine covers that I had graced the front of were thrown all over the place as well. I didn't care about any of it. It was like I was numb to everything accept the pain in my chest.

I didn't look anything like the world renowned super model that I was. My blond hair was all over my head and I'm pretty sure my mascara had long since ran down my face. This wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all. I didn't even recognize myself. As much as I love Kaiden, he would have to pay for doing this to me. Him and his girlfriend. He would get his for not loving me the way that he should have. I would make sure of it. 

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.