Chapter 4

Kaiden-

"Mr. Andretti, are you asking for me to have sex with you as a way of saying thank you?" she said, her words penetrating the lust-hazed bubble my mind had been in since she walked into the office. It was then and only then that I realized the implications my word choice had put out there. Even with how sexy I thought she was and that I would love nothing more than to wrap my hand in the wild mess of curls piled on top of her head while I bent her little ass over my desk, some how I knew that wouldn't go over well with her.

Focusing back on Melodi, I actually had to stop myself from laughing at her defensive pose, before I answered her question. "No I wasn't actually. I was thinking along the lines of you joining me for dinner." I say flashing her another smile as I watched the anger on her face fade to disbelief. 

"You're asking me out? Like on a date?" she asks me. "Yeah as my thank you I want you to go out with me Friday night." I say moving from my spot leaning against my desk, to standing right in front of her.

Her lips parted slightly and I noticed that her eyes had begun dilating and she leaned her body in closer. I bent down until we were almost chest to chest, like I was going in for a kiss, and her eyes fell shut, her pink lips puckered up ever so slightly almost as if she was encouraging me to do so. I pressed my lips against her ear and whispered, "Just say yes. You know you want to." Before pulling away, stepping almost completely out of her bubble. Her eyes flew open and I could see the red from embarrassment start to tinge her cheeks. She shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other seemingly trying to catch her breath from the heated moment between us before she started to speak.

"Okay I'll go out with you. What time should I meet you?" she said giving in and I couldn't help the triumphant grin that spread across my face. 

"How about I pick you up from your house around 6:00ish and we go together?" I ask picking up the pad of small post-it notes from the corner of my desk and one of the many pens I had scattered around the surface to write my number down for her as Regina poked her head in the door. "Give me a call in a few days so that I have your number and we can talk about our date in further detail." I said putting up a finger telling my assistant to hold off for a minute and she closed the door again, before passing the little note to Melodi. 

"Will do Mr. Andretti." She said straightening her purse on her shoulder while turning on her heels toward the door. 

"Please, call me Kaiden." I said.

"Will do, Kaiden." She said without turning around. 

I had a hard time not giving in to my desire to kiss her senseless as whatever perfume she was wearing washed over me. Instead I took advantage of the view being presented to me and ogled her curvy ass. The sound of her clearing her throat forced me to pull my eyes away from the ample view and I gave her a sheepish smile. 

"If you're done staring at my ass, I'll talk to you in a few days." She said as she opened my office door. 

"Sorry about that. I look forward to hearing from you." I said. She chose not to answer as she walked out of my office, giving a friendly wave to Regina, who was still standing outside the door in the hall, and out of my line of sight. Her perfume still left a light trail behind her that left me intoxicated and wanting more of her. Regina cleared her throat softly, while fighting hard to keep the amused grin off her face and failing miserably.

"Uh sir your 12:45 lunch meeting is here. Shall I send them back to the conference room?" 

 "Stop laughing or you're fired." I muttered causing her to break into giggles at the idea of me firing her, which she knew I would never do. Regina had also been my dad's assistant when he was CEO and honestly without her we would both would have lost our heads and our minds.