Chapter 27

Melodi-

It had been 2 weeks since my relationship with Kaiden ended. He had been calling me relentlessly every day, begging me to answer him. I wanted to talk to him so bad, wanted him to tell me everything was a mistake and that we would get through this, but I forced myself to continue avoiding him and his calls. 

The media swarming the shop made it easy to hide in the kitchen and let Cassie and Trinity run the front. They have been desperate to find out why Kaiden and I broke up and why he looks like hell hit him. 

Seeing him so disheveled hurt my heart even more because I know he's suffering too. It's crazy how much you can still worry about someone so much, despite the fact that they cut you so deeply.

In all honesty, I haven't been faring well either. I haven't been able to keep anything down, even when I have been able to force myself to eat. Sleep is not a friend of mine any more as well. I'm constantly exhausted and it's definitely showing. I had dark circles under my eyes that attested to the lack of sleep I've been getting and rounded out my look of heartbreak. 

Everyone was worried about me and how I was handling this. My family was so concerned that my dad and my brother were ready to go kill Kaiden for hurting me like this. Cassie and Trinity have been trying to hold me together and my mom has been the voice of reason, keeping everyone at bay. Needless to say everyone was on edge and it was all over me.

I had just pulled another tray of the berry and cheese Danishes from the oven when the scent sent me running for the trash can. "That's it. I'm dragging your ass to the doctor." Trinity said walking back into the kitchen as I finished heaving. 

"I'm fine Trin really." I said weakly as I washed my mouth out in the sink and made my way to one of the stools at the counter. 

"No you're not and you know you're not. Don't think I haven't noticed Mel. You haven't been sleeping, despite being exhausted, you haven't been eating and when you do you're constantly throwing up. You're depressed and you need to see a doctor. You also need to take a pregnancy test too." She said firmly as she sat across from me.

My eyes got wide as I took in what she said and began to panic "Calm down I'm saying you are. I just want to rule out everything possible so that we know this is the side effects of a badly broken heart and not anything else." She said softly. She reached over and grabbed one of my hands in hers "I know what you're going through Mel. Looking back now, I didn't love Micah as much as you love Kaiden but it hurts nonetheless. I just want you to be happy and healthy again, because right now, you're neither."

"I know. And thank you for caring about me. I love you Trin." I said trying not to let her see the panic building up inside me. 

"Of course I care. We all do. We love you Mel and we want you to know you aren't doing this alone." She said hugging me tight before hopping down off the stool "Okay I better get back out there. Those assholes from TMZ had just come in when I came back and you know Cassie will threaten to stab them again with the closest thing to her again. I would hate to have to call Camryn and explain why his fiancée is going to jail for murder." She said snickering before going back through the door.

As soon as the door closed behind her I let the smile I had plastered on my face drop immediately as the wheels started turning in my head. I was trying to think back, trying to remember when the last period I had was. I remember having one in July right before the charity event we had gone to and I vaguely remember having one in August. 

It was currently November. How the hell did I not notice that I hadn't had a period in almost 3 months. I was always like clockwork. Was I that caught up in Kaiden that I stopped paying attention to my own body? As my thoughts moved like a freight train going a mile a minute, the one thing that stood out among the rest of the jumbled mess:

I needed to take a pregnancy test ASAP.