Chapter 13

Hey guys! I want to say thanks for being patient with me. I've been feeling under the weather with this horrible migraine and just when I finally managed to kick it, I got knocked down with a horrible summer cold and then disaster after disaster just kept rolling in (That explains why in my last conversation post I thought I was 2 chapters behind where we actually are, I was delirious with fever and stress). As a early heads up I want to let you guys know that chapter 14, when it gets posted in a few days (sorry most of it is written but it needs to be fine tuned) is going to be explicit, ages 18+, as we expand deeper into Melodi and Kaiden's relationship. I'm not quite sure yet if I'm going to make it private for followers only like a lot of other authors do or if I'm going to make it a read at your own risk type thing but I will defiantly let you know before hand and disclaimers will be held all around. But enough about that for now, here is chapter 13, I hope you guys enjoy it.

As always Read, Vote, Comment, Share

-PC

P.S Pictured above are Melodi and Kaiden's tattoos

Melodi-

I felt really bad for Trinity. No one should have to go through this kind of heart break. If it wasn't for the fact that I was still in this damn cast, I would have punched Micah myself. It took a couple minutes for Trinity to gain control of herself, but even though she stopped crying I knew not to say anything.

Trinity was the type of person where you couldn't reach out to give them comfort, you had to let them reach out to you. First things first I had to get her away from this building the bad memories surrounding it. Pulling back out of the parking garage, I head for my apartment. The drive was uneventful and quick, myself focusing on the road and Trinity in her own mind miles away.

Pulling into my spot next to the stairs, Trinity and I made quick work of grabbing her things from out of my car and lugging them up into the apartment, forming a pile along the wall of my living room. With the last suitcase in the house, I hit the alarm on my truck, sent a quick message to Kaiden letting him know I was home and ready anytime and sat opposite Trinity at the kitchen table. She still hasn't made eye contact with me since we left Micah bleeding all over the carpet and I was extremely concerned for my best friend's mental state.

"You ready to talk about it?" I ask her softly.

She shook her head no before saying, "No. I don't even want to think about it but it keeps playing over and over in my mind. I don't think I can handle talking about it or else I'll have a psychotic break."

"Do you want me to cancel my date with Kaiden? If you need me here, I'll reschedule." I say quickly, letting her know where my priorities were.

"No, no, no and hell no. I've been waiting years for you to take this much interest in a man and just because I'm having man drama of my own doesn't mean you need to cancel on sexy CEO. Besides, I need to be alone for a little while. Figure things out. Call my parents. See about trying to piece my life back together. Go have fun. I'll be fine." She said encouragingly.

My phone buzzed and I looked down at it apprehensively before looking back at her. "Only if you're sure. If you need me call me okay? I'll have him bring me back immediately."

"Just go Melodi Gisselle Gray before I kick your ass." She threatened. I glanced down at my phone to check the last message that had come in from Kaiden.

KA: I'm 5 minutes away.

I exit my messages and look up at Trinity, who was looking at meexpectantly. "Okay fine, I'm going. He's essentially around the corner anywayso it's too late to cancel but if you need me call me and I'll come right back okay?" I said walking back to the table where I left my purse and my keys.