Chapter 28 Jase and the Boss

(Skye prov)

*I rubbed my eyes vigorously trying to gain my vision back, but I couldn't.*

"What's wrong with your eyes pet?"

*Anger spiked through me*

"I am not a pet! I am a living breathing being that has emotions too you know!!"

"I think not, now what wrong with your eyes?"

*My hands were grabbed then put together while the man used his free hand to keep one of my eyes open to examine it. I felt some shade go across my face covering my eyes I slowly blinked and things came into focus now that the light wasn't in my eyes.*

"Quiet odd, even vampires can stand that little light without protection."

"Yeah well I can't!"

*My face scrunched up like an angry lioness growling at an outsider trying to steal her food.*

"Now, don't make that face pet, I will let it slid this once, however do it again and there will be consequences."

*My hands were dropped and I came to realization my wrists and ankles were lined with silver. When I touched my wrists it stung and blistered.*

"They honestly should treat their marketing items with more care."

*The guy grabbed my hand gently minding my wrists and applied a white gunk which hardened. It stung at first, then it began to cool and it felt nice. He did the same to my feet also. M eyes now adjusted, I could see that the man who had bought me last night was the one about twenty or so. He had brown hair and brown eyes and was about five eleven.*

"Come along pet."

"I have a name you know."

"Then what is your name?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Well then, I will continue calling you pet."

"....Skye."

"Is that short of Skylar?"

"No, just Skye."

"Who would name you after the sky?"

"My mothers pack."

"So there are more fox shifters?"

"I am not a fox shifter."

"That's not what they said at the black market and they are never wrong."

"I am a vampire dufus."

"Then what about that pack thing hmm?"

"Like I said my mothers pack."

"Where is your mother?"

"Dead, never knew her."

"Your pack?"

"The pack I grew up with that knew my miter are all dead."

*That was true, but that pack was still alive and I am sure some if the pups still knew Kai and I...well they would be really old now.*

"Any sibling or a dad?"

"No."

*No way in hell was I tossing a potential way of freedom out.*

"Well, follow me."

*I followed mr.5.10 around as he laid the rules of the house down. I saw a room with a dim light lit and a simple bed with black sheets and the wall was painted with a moon and stars. The carpet was an off white and a terrarium sat with a lizard in a corner. I walked into the room and crouched down by the lizard. It was as long as my arm and was. A sand fire citrus. It looked to be a bearded dragon, a German giant to be spesified. It started at me with its gold eyes full of intelligence drinking in my appearance. He shifted and we locked eyes in a stare off. A femine voice startled me as well a a small, but firm hand. I turned around and was met with bold red eyes so bright yet much darker and more clear than blood itself. Two sharp fangs protruded from her mouth and long eyelashes fluttered against her face. She was very cuevas opus and well toned although it was weird she also looked under fed. Her bold red eyes periced me with their cold stare. Her nails dug into my shoulder with their sharp point.*

"What are you doing in my room?"

"I was looking at your pogona vitticep."

*Her lips craved into a ever so slight smile.*

"So you know some latin ehh? What's your name sweetie?"

"Skye."

"Well Skye, do you know who I am?"

"No, should I?"

"Yes you should seeing as I run this place."

"Who are you then?"

"Well, everybody here calls me Sheki or more commonly boss. Sheki, a ironic name really seeing as what it means in Japanese."

*Mr 5.10 walked in after a moment when he did Ms. Sheki got a sour taste on her face.*

"Jase, is this your new apprentice?"

"No, Ms. Boss she is my new pet."

"Really now, you know how I feel about that right Jase?"

"I do, but she is a fox shifter so I thought you would make an exception."

*Sheki tilted her head to the side as she looked me over. She bent down by my neck and smelled me. I went rigid at that. She cocked her head to the side in thought then bent back straight and bit her finger and put it under my nose. My pupils dilated a bit as I smelled the blood. I resisted it and kept my mouth closed. As Sheki vagabond to speak she held a singing type tone.*

"J~ase, you do realize she isn't what you say she is, right?"

"That is where you are wrong, fix shifters require blood as do you and vampires."

*Her face gained a straight face then looked at me again.*

"Well then, for now go with Jase when he is finished I want you bak here so I can conduct and price or disprove a few hypothesis I have."

"You can't kill her ok Sheki."

"I won't Jasey poo."

"Please don't call me that."

*Jases face scrunched up and the five two foot woman went and reached up to the five ten Jase and ruffled his hair like a mom would do to her son. Ironically Jase looked older than her...maybe lovers?*

"I have a question."

"What is it sweetie?"

"Is he your lover?"

*Her face went blank then she burs tout laughing Hade had a disgusted look on his face at my inquiry.*

"God no she isn't she is basically my mom or better yet sister!"

"No, when this one was bout ten twelve I rescued him and he became like a son to me...or I suppose a younger brother....hmmm younger brother and this fat man here is Fireheart I rescued him before this blood gang came to be and he is my right hand man."

*I honestly have no idea on what kind of f****d up thing I just got thrown into...*