Redney [and other ships] - Sweetie Pie (Part 3)

Max growled in annoyance as he scratched at his new ear, which twitched in response. Of course Red would be the one to bring magical fucking cat candy to the office. What the actual fuck?

Meanwhile, Ross was in his office filming GTA with his webcam, being entirely too proud and happy of his new appearance. All of the other guys had gotten hats to try and cover up the existence of their ears. Since they had no idea what this was or why it happened, they couldn't exactly go to a doctor, they'd end up on national news or being dissected or something disturbing and horrible. Plus, what were they going to do about it? It's not like you can just sort of pop a pill and make it go away. So for now they were stuck in their unusual forms for the rest of their foreseeable future.

Max had been forced to stay in his studio for the rest of the day to avoid Red. The guys didn't want Max to beat him up. They were confused as well, but that didn't Red deserved to have his ass kicked.

"Maaaaaax." Ross whined from outside the door. "I'm coming in. Don't hurt meeeeeeee...."

Max scowled but allowed Ross to come in unscathed. He was Max's best friend after all, and Max had a soft spot for him.

"I brought you a Mac N' Cheese cup." Ross said, holding out the warm plastic bowl. Max took it and grunted a quiet thanks before stuffing his mouth full of his favorite food. Even after everything that had happened it still brought him comfort. Somehow, Ross always knew how to make him feel better.

They say in silence together as Max ate. It wasn't awkward, nor uncomfortable, but Max could feel a slight tension between them. It was small, almost unnoticeable, but definitely there. He had never experienced tension with Ross before. They had known each other for too long. The sudden change frightened Max, but he chose to ignore it. Avoiding Ross wouldn't do him any good, especially now. In fact, it would probably make things worse. Nothing bad could come of it, right?
===========================
Barney groaned, trying to shift in his chair so that he wasn't sitting right on his tail. His ears constantly twitched and he constantly felt the need to lick himself in places not meant to be licked. Everything about this was wrong and uncomfortable. Perhaps the worst part was the desire to rub his body up against Red's.

A lot of Barney's friend who had been effected by this... Thing... Felt bitter towards Red or blamed him for their problems. Barney felt as though he was one of the only ones not holding this against Red. How was he supposed to know it would turn them into cats? Plus, if he wanted to pull a prank on them, he wouldn't have eaten it himself. Barney knew that Red was not at fault. Whoever was out there with a box of potions and a sick sense of humor was at fault. Red was his good friend. He still felt the same about Red as always.

Or did he?

Lately, Barney had been having strange thoughts and dreams. Conflicted emotions. A fluttering feeling in his stomach and chest whenever he was around Red. Even before they had been changed into cats, Barney had been confused. He wasn't exactly sure how he felt about Red, but he knew that he was important. Barney would continue to question his feelings and sexuality from afar and fall deeper and deeper into confusion. Being a cat wouldn't change anything.

Nothing at all.
===========================
Red was on his computer, researching cats and mythology, trying to find answers or at least information about their current condition. He had learned a lot about cats, some of which he could have lived a long and happy life not knowing. For instance, did you know that cats have barbed penises? (That's actually a fact. What the hell.)

But that wasn't what concerned Red. What really concerned him was that it was mating season for cats. He didn't know if they had the full behavioral spectrum of cats or if they would be effected by heat season. What would happen if they were? Did that candy shit have the power to make them horny (the horror) or... Possibly... Pregnant? Oh dear God. He had to tell the guys.

Just as Red was about to open the door to his studio, he hesitated. They were already pretty upset. Max especially. Would telling them do any good? If he did tell them, would he get beat up? What if they weren't going to go through heat and he just got them all riled up over nothing? Honestly, Red thought telling them might be a good way to end the best friendship he's ever had. For now, he guessed that they didn't need to know. What they don't know can't hurt them, right?
===========================
Ooooooooooh I'm having too much fun writing this one. Alright, so with the Barney wanted to rub his body up against Red's isn't necessarily a sexual thing. That's how cats mark their territory and say they love you. Just to clarify.
A lot of people have been enjoying this story! I'm so glad! This is great. I hope you guys continue to enjoy and want stories from me. As always, stay cool.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕