Barney's Accent

I have a confession to make.

I actually knew that Barney's accent was fake.

If you didn't know, Barney's ludicrous accent was faked. This was a shock at first, but honestly, I'm impressed that he fooled an entire fanbase for over a year. But how did I know before they revealed it?

Well, you probably noticed how I often do Barney's accent when I mention him in stories. One of my obsessions is being very accurate to canonical facts. I spent, I fuck you not, 6 hours studying his accent. Straight. At one point I realized that his accent had no exact pattern and was more based off of a South American accent than a Middle Eastern accent. Usually accents do have patterns and his accent actually sounded nothing like a Turkish accent. There are Turkish people where I live and they had strong accents that sounded nothing like Barney's.

So I knew it was fake, but I love Barney, so I didn't want to assume he was a liar without confirmation. I just wrote in his accent for the accuracy and for fan service. Well, I wouldn't call you guys fans but it's called fan service. So what will I do now that we KNOW his accent is fake?

Ignore it and write in his fake accent anyway. It makes him unique. It's special and had a place in our hearts. I'm sorry if I had to be the bearer of bad news to any of you.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕